Chapter Eleven | The Kill

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESTHE KILLCHAPTER XI

THE KILL
CHAPTER XI

Fifty-nine days left before Reincarnation

Aji takes a bite out of the usual bread and soup she's consumed for the past two weeks since she was brought to the Scouting Regiment. She can't complain at such neutral quality. Hundreds of citizens are dealing with starvation at the moment. Might as well take advantage of the opportunity she's granted despite the lack of appetite she had this morning. Future is untold and her next meal may be until a very long time only if matters turn to worse.

So her real name Ermoza Reyes Krazestone has been revealed yesterday. She wonders what Hange meant when she asked about her surname, what it symbolized. What does Hange know exactly because Aji's clueless as a fish.

She'll have to ask Hange when she visit her in a couple of minutes. She'll be assisting the squad leader with any experiments Hange comes to make. It will be a hindrance lest it be painless. Aji will see how the experiment goes but for now her focus should lie on the titan boy right beside her. The dark circles under his turquoise eyes reveal exhaustion yet a speck of lasting determination.

"How's your injury, Eren?" Aji twirls her fork. The whole squad turns their attention towards her. The female sitting across from him glares at Aji with those dark asian eyes of hers. Her red scarf doesn't hide the frown on her thin lips. "I recall inflicting quite some bruises." Aji archs a brow at Eren.

"I'm all...healed." He scratches the back of his neck.

Levi lounges himself closely next to Aji's left. "Titan Shifter heal quicker than a normal human, Ermoza."

"But is he mentally alright?" She gestures her head towards a confuse Eren.

"We all lost some sanity since joining the Survey Corps." Levi sips on his tea. She frowns at the veracity of his statement before continuing with her meal. "Report to my office after the experiment." Levi adds on.

"Wait." Jean calls to us. "Ermoza?" He stares at the Captain.

"Is it another false name?" Armin asks.

"Or is it her real name?" Eren speaks up.

"Real." Levi responds.

Aji cleans her mouth with a napkin and eyes the entire dining room for any suspicious activity. Why? She has been told by Erwin and Levi, there are several other titan shifters that were part of the Southern Division 104th graduate class who entered the Survey Corps. There may be others hidden inside this regiment even after discovering Bertolt Hoover and Reiner Braun as one of the enemies against Humanity.