Chapter Five | Mystery

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESMYSTERYCHAPTER V

MYSTERY
CHAPTER V

This wasn't planned for

Suprisingly, the training ground is completely empty of any soldiers. Probably they're having their breakfast at the moment or were given a different schedule. Aji briefly scans the area for any suspicious activity. Even though the Commander and the Captain haven't indicated any signs of threat, she can't help remain hostile towards her surroundings.

She sees the lovely sight of the Viola. 'Beautiful.' It's ironic the Viola is the only huge tree in the training grounds. Without taking her eyes away from the jacaranda mimosifolia tree, she makes her way to the trunk.

This morning Levi instructed her to find this tree and remain here until he arrived with the full squad. After two weeks, with Levi's report of her behaviour, the Commander allowed Aji to finally interact with other members of the Scouting Legion. The Commander notified all his soldiers that tonight he will be giving out new information regarding Aji's appearance outside the walls. She will be making her first official appearance since the encounter two weeks ago, tonight in the training grounds.

The wind blows calmly on her face and onto her short hair cut shoulder length. Her fingers brush the strands of hair she magically converted into a brown color. Both the Commander and the Captain were a bit stunned when she entered the room with brown hair instead of a bronze color. She lied saying Levi saw something completely different, the affects of wet hair.

As she predicted, both fell for the white lie. It's obvious when interacting with normal humans the veracity of her hair color will never be discovered. To be able to magically shift color hair in an instance is too magical and impossible to be true. Supernatural as it is, she possess the ability to change hair color. To be honest, she has no clue of its purpose.

Ten minutes pass by and not a single figure appears in the area. 'Seems the waiting will take a while.' She sits on the grass and stares off into the distance.  'Why are they taking so long?' Her fingers play with the purple leaves that are gently falling down to the grass. She sighs to herself. These pass two weeks, she's been meditating on her true abilities. The result is ----- she has no clue what the hell she is.

______

Two weeks after she showered after days putside the walls, Levi took her into Erwin's office for more questioning. "Aji." Erwin said. She lounged on one of the seats in front the almighty Commander, Erwin Smith. Few blank papers laid neatly in front of him. She assumed the papers will be the report of her identity.

"Yes...Sir." She mumbled the last part, recalling to address Erwin by his superior rank.

"I hope you will be open to all the questions I'll be asking in this moment."