Chapter Two | Confrontation

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESCONFRONTATIONCHAPTER II

CONFRONTATION
CHAPTER II

Things are best kept inside

Darkness consumes her surroundings before chilling air covers her like a blanket she's not able to escape from. She can barely feel her bare legs. With her eyesight being concealed from any colors or shapes, her fingertips do their work to identify her location.

She immediately come in contact with a stone wall with cracks spreading onto various directions about a feet away from her. She slide her fingers across the near wall and makes out four different walls surrounding her into a sophisticated cube. A sigh escapes her frigid lips. She's been in this place before. It's just her usual nightmare she always end up consumed in when she can't handle the power. It is evident by her current situation her body must be fighting several titans in the other realm. She'll be out of this place in no time, but why does this darkness differ to those previous times she's been stuck here in loneliness?

Exhaustion overwhelms her senses meanwhile her oxygen decreases gradually until leaving her strangling for air. A sudden weight presses her onto the stone ground with the sound of walls closing in on her. She panics at the odd events before her green eyes land on a small light emerging in front of her. 'After everything there is such thing?' The light grows brighter-illuminating the sinister place. Could it be her 'warrior savior' has come to liberate her from this damn curse?

______

"Erwin. Do you believe she'll give in?" Three hours has passed since the Survey Corps arrived to Headquarters and placed her inside the dungeon cell. Levi's patience is running low when it seems she isn't planning on waking up sooner or later. He glances at Erwin who always has the privilege to sit on a chair. Not that it matters to Levi. He rather lean on the brick wall.

"They all do." Levi nods at Erwin's predictable response. Erwin is clearly a manipulated man who can easily obtain anything with simply words.  Levi wouldn't be surprised if Erwin gave the order to perform a torture session to obtain information from her. Obviously, Levi will end up doing the work for Erwin. Not that it matters in reality. He's inspiring words are the hope and motivation Levi has continued fighting for humanity.

"Don't get so confident." Levi reminds him.

"You know very well confidence does not always win. It varies. You always have to play the cards to obtain something as valuable as what we possess in front of us."

"Cavet for torture if the interrogation doesn't go smoothly?" Levi glides in front of him.

"I know I can always count on you." Blue ocean eyes stare at Levi's in determination, a look he can't always remain locked with.