Halloween

Monday, October 12th, 2026

"Brooklyn, what do you want to be for Halloween?" Brenda asked, as she, Sam, and Kelsey sat on the floor in the living room playing with Brooklyn, Bailey, Sophia, Janessa, and Justin.

"I on no." She said, shrugging and looking at them with her green eyes. Kelsey giggled randomly and said,

" I think Brooklyn, Bailey, and Sophia should be the power puff girls and Dad should be the scientist dude." She said, showing them the picture she had found on Facebook.

"Yeah!" Brooklyn exclaimed, clapping. She looked at Sam cutely. Brenda laughed.

"What do you think, Sam?" Brenda asked. He shrugged.

"I wasn't really planning on dressing up, but if that's what Brooklyn and the twins want, then I'll do it." He said."You want to be a power puff girl?" He asked Sophia and Bailey, who just giggled and nodded, even though they had no clue what he was talking about.

"What do you want to be Justin?" Sam asked.

"Urtle!" He said. He was trying to say turtle.

"Turtle?" Brenda asked confused. Justin nodded.

"He means a ninja turtle." Sam told her.

"Oh, that makes a lot more since." She said, laughing. Sam made a face.

"What about you, Janessa?" Kelsey asked her. She picked up her Bell doll.

"You want to be Princess Bell?" Sam asked. She nodded.

"Well, we know what everyone is going to be now." Kelsey said." Except for me and mama."

"What do you want mama to be?" Sam asked Brooklyn.

"Cat!" She said. Brenda looked at Sam and he laughed.

"What about you?" Brenda asked Kelsey.

"I already know what I'm going to be." She said cheekily.

TIME SKIP

Saturday, October 31st, 2026

After Sam, Kelsey, and Brenda took the little ones trick-or-treating, they went back home and started setting everything up in the back yard, since they were having a Halloween party, inviting all of the Glee Alumni and their kids. They had all of the food and desserts made already, since everyone took their kids early so they wouldn't be out while it's dark, and they wouldn't have had time to make everything now. Everyone started arriving around 8:30 PM, and by 9, everyone was there. They had music playing and the kids were having fun dancing and acting like children do, especially when they eat candy. They played children Halloween songs, and a few others, whereas the adults sang them. Sam and Artie sang 'Werewolves of London' for the kids, and Brenda, Brittany, and Santana sang 'I Put A Spell On You', and Artie, Sam, Finn, Rachel, Puck, Quinn, Mike, Tina, Mercedes, and Stevie sang 'Thriller', while acting like zombies, which scared the younger kids, but made the older ones laugh.

"Can I sing something?" Kelsey asked, coming out of the house in her costume, shocking some people, who didn't know what she was. She was wearing a pirate minion onsie, the hood pulled over her head, and her hair over her shoulders. She had on a pair of goggles and everything. Everyone laughed.

"Of course." Brenda said. She stood in front of the microphone away from everyone.

"It's not really a Halloween song, but it's called 'Ghost' by Ella Henderson." She said. Everyone clapped. Brenda took her phone out to record it. As she started singing, she took the goggles off and pushed the hood off of her head.

I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away
But your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awake

My friends had you figured out
Yeah, they saw what's inside of you
You tried hiding another you
But your evil was coming through

She unzipped the onsie and stepped out of it in black combat boots, a black and stylish long sleeved shirt, and black skinny jeans.She started dancing and Sam took off his lab coat and began dancing next to her. They had this whole thing planned out, and they were the only ones who knew about it.

These eyes sitting on the wall
They watch every move I make
Bright light living in the shade
Your cold heart makes my spirit shake

I had to go through hell to prove I'm not insane
Had to meet the devil just to know his name

And that's when my love was burning
Yeah, it's still burning

[2x:]
I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away
But your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awake

Each time that I think you're gone
I turn around and you're creeping in
And I let you under my skin
Guess I love living in the sin

Oh you never told me
True love was gonna hurt
True pain I don't deserve
Truth is that I never learn

[2x:]
I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away
But your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awake

Give up the ghost
Give up the ghost
Give up the ghost
Stop the haunting baby

Give up the ghost
Give up the ghost
Give up the ghost
No more haunting baby

I keep going to the river

[2x:]
I keep going to the river to pray
'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away
But your ghost, the ghost of you
It keeps me awake

Everyone began cheering.

"That was amazing! I didn't even know you could sing!" Rachel exclaimed, almost everyone else agreeing with her.

"Well, I wasn't that good at first, and mama gave me singing lessons and dad gave me dancing lessons."

"Well, you're a natural then."

TIME SKIP

Thursday, November 26th, 2026

"Are you still trying for another baby?" Quinn asked Brenda as the two and the rest of the girls stayed with the younger children while the boys and older kids played in the back yard.

"Yeah, but we've still had no luck. I guess it just happens when we're not trying to have a baby." She said, making a face. The girls laughed.

"Well, it'll happen eventually. But hey, you might even be pregnant now. You never know."

"I've taken pregnancy tests one every two weeks for the last couple of months, and they're always negative." She said sadly. No one knew what else to say then.

"If you don't get pregnant for at least another month, you should go and see Doctor Lynda, and see if she has any answers." Rachel said. Brenda nodded.

"I will."