Grandparents By Age 32

Friday, December 21, 2029

"If you want me to go to the doctor's appointment with you, I will." Sam told Kelsey over the phone. Sam was with Mallorie at the studio, and Brenda, Kelsey, and Josh were on the way to the doctor's office to find out the gender.

"No, it's alright. I'd rather you be doing something productive than sitting in a waiting room for 2 hours.

"You know I wouldn't care."

"I know. I'll call you when we find out the gender."

"Alright, call if you need me."

"I will. Love you."

"I love you too." They hung up and Sam sighed. He looked at Brooklyn who was playing on his phone, humming to herself. Mallorie smiled at the sight. The other kids were at school, and the triplets and Ana were at their grandparents house. Brooklyn had a field trip today and she didn't want to go, and she couldn't go with Brenda, Kelsey, and Josh because you have to be at least 14 to go in. So, she's spending the day with Sam and Mallorie.

"What song are you singing, Sweetie?" Mallorie asked.

"One of daddy's songs. Something about eyes." She said. Sam raised an eyebrow." I know some of it! I can sing it for you!" She said excitedly.

"Alright." Sam nodded. She cleared her throat like Sam does when he sings to them, causing him to laugh, as she started to sing.

When you look me in the eyes

And tell me that you love me

Everything's alright,

When you're right here by my side

When you look me in the eyes,

I catch a glimpse of heaven.

I find my paradise

When you look me in the eyes

"I only know that part and a little bit of the rest." She said.

"Sing the rest you know." He told her. She nodded.

How long will I be waiting

To be with you again? 

Gonna tell you that I love you

(Skipping some lyrics)

More and more I start to realize

I can reach my tomorrow

I can hold my head up high

And it's all because you're by my side.

"That's all I know." She said cutely. Sam had to blink back tears. She was growing up and she can sing.

"You have a good voice, baby girl." He told her, and kissed her head."You want to sing it with me? And I'll sing the parts you don't know. We can record it and give it to mama for Christmas." Brooklyn nodded excitedly. He looked at Mallorie who nodded, smiling. He stood up and led Brooklyn into the recording booth and sat her on one of the chairs in front of the microphone. He put the headphones on her head. He stood beside her, with one arm wrapped around her, his other hand holding one of the headphones up to his ear. He nodded to Mallorie, who started the music. She decided to film it, so she took her phone out to video it.

(Sam)
If the heart is always searching,
Can you ever find a home?
I've been looking for that someone,
I'll never make it on my own
Dreams can't take the place of loving you,
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.