Chapter 8

I woke up, again, gasping for breath. That man, that strange black haired, chalky white skinned man was the same from my dream of me and my mother.

He's responsible for her disappearance. I'm sure of it. There's no doubt in my mind anymore. Whatever he is, whatever he's in charge of, is dangerous and a feeling deep down told me to avoid him at all cost.

But another feeling made me want to de-thrown him. Some small part of me edged me forward, told me I could take him out, and that part scared me.

I sat up in bed and my hand crunched a piece of paper. It was a note from Grampa.

Elizabeth, I got a call and had to go in early. I won't be home until really late so don't wait up tonight. Have fun today, I'll see you tomorrow!

                                          -Grampa

Oh, well this is kinda perfect. I'm free to go find the Cullen house. I looked at the clock and realized it was nearing nine. I decided that it's a decent time to show up unannounced claiming to be the newest addition to the family.

I sound crazy.

I took a long shower, shampooing my hair with my favorite shampoo, deep conditioned it, and scrubbed my face with my favorite sugar scrub.

I got dressed, changed my outfit, and then changed again. I wanted to make a good impression. I ended up putting on a black pencil skirt that hugged my middle, a dressy black blouse, pearls, and black flats. It's an outfit I would wear all the time back home, but it was a little too dressy for such a small town.

I'm procrastinating. I ran downstairs, grabbed the keys to the truck, grabbed my raincoat just in case, and headed to the truck.

I drive down the highway, note in hand, and tried my best to find the road. As I crept down the highway I finally found it. Mike wasn't kidding when he said it was practically invisible. If I hadn't been looking for it so hard I would've missed it all together.

The drive up to the house was lengthy and it gave me plenty of time to second guess my actions.

What am I doing? If I show up I'll probably just mess up their whole dynamic. What if they don't like me? What if they don't believe me!

I should turn back,

I should leave now.

Then, suddenly the trees disappeared and a large white mansion loomed in front of me. I contemplated turning back before they could see the truck but stopped.

You've waited your whole life for this Elizabeth. Remember all those sleepless nights while you were up pacing your room, wondering what your family was doing? Remember all of your tears because you wanted your family so badly it hurt. Remember your pain, every time someone talked about their loving parents, or their amazing family, that stab in the heart you experienced but smiled anyway.

Remember the nights, the tears, the pain.

I sighed and pulled the truck up to the house. I took a deep breath as I climbed out and made my way to the front door. My heart hammered in my chest and my legs shook as I rang the doorbell.