Chapter Thirteen

Authors note: So sorry this chapter has taken me so long! I've been writing sporadically on all of my stories and this chapter required A LOT of planning.

Hope you enjoy!

***************************************
Elizabeth POV

"Grampa Carlisle, what's wrong with me?" I cried as he continued to try to examine my eyes.

"Umm...I'm not sure to be honest with you sweetheart. You said you didn't bite anyone?"

"Of course not!" I gasped.

"Well, when did you notice your eyes were red?" He asked.

"I didn't. Edward did after I caught him kissing Tanya." I growled and his expression turned into one of complete shock.

"He did what now?" His eyebrow raised in my same gesture.

"You heard me correctly Grampa." I sighed.

"I'm sure it's not what you think Elizabeth. It can't be! Your father is so desperately in love with your mother, it would be impossible for him to do something like that with another woman. Maybe you should try to talk to him?" He suggested.

"I know he loves mom. But what I saw is undeniable. I'm just so confused..." I sighed, a sudden wave of sadness washing over me.

"Okay now that's strange..." Grandpa held my face in between his hands carefully moving my head at different angles.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked quickly.

"Your eyes are changing back to normal."

"Back to green?" I asked hopefully.

"A very very dark green." He sighed. "Are you thirsty?" He asked cautiously.

"What, do you mean for...blood?" I swallowed, a sudden lump formed in my throat and a slight burn crept up my esophagus.

"I'll be right back." He got that strange giddy look in his eyes he gets when curious and left quickly, calling for Grandma as he ran downstairs.

"Elizabeth, may I come in?" Dad knocked on the already open study door.

"I suppose so." I looked at the floor quickly, not feeling like I could meet his eyes.

He took a deep breath and sat in the chair Grampa Carlisle had occupied only moments ago.

"Elizabeth, about what you saw...it's not what you think." He sighed, sounding deeply troubled.

"I'm not even sure what I think about it." I mumbled.

"Tanya forced herself onto me." He spoke through his teeth, as if trying to keep his anger at bay.

It startled me.

"She did what?!" I exclaimed.

"Tanya knows we aren't mates but she's also not used to anyone...denying her, if that makes any sense."

"Perfect sense." I sighed, realizing how stupid it was for me to have jumped to the worst possible conclusions about him.

"I'm so sorry Dad." Tears sprang to my eyes and I buried my face in my hands.

"Hey now, no tears, please Elizabeth. You have nothing to apologize for, this is all my fault!" He took my hands away from my face and brushed my hair back as he wiped away my tears.

"I shouldn't have thought so poorly of you. I should've let you explain when you wanted too. I guess it just made me so angry to think you had moved on from mom and...and I." I shut my eyes tightly as rage soared through me at the thought of Tanya wrapping herself around my father.