Chapter 9

Carlisle and Esme regarded me with cautious looks, trying to see if I was going to start panicking soon I guessed.

"I...I think I knew what I was when I was little. Before I really cared about finding you all, before my mother disappeared. I think I just forgot, or shut it out one." I finally found my voice.

"So, you're okay?" Esme asked calmly.

I took a deep breath and looked at Carlisle and Esme "Yes, I'm fine. I'm still very excited to get to know you all, if you'll allow that?" I asked.

"We would love that!" Carlisle smiled brightly.

"Should I get the kids?" Esme asked him and he turned to me.

"Would you like to meet your aunts and uncles?" He asked and a heavy feeling settled in my chest.

"Um, actually I wanted to know you more first." I smiled.

"Me?" He sounded surprised.

"Well, of course. You are the reason for all of this right? I want to know my grandfather." I giggled a little and his answering smile was so warm and kind.

"What would you like to know?" He asked.

"Everything." I smiled back brightly.

"Curious are we?" He asked.

"Oh...sorry, if you would rather I go-"

"No!" He sounded panicked and reached out to stop me from getting up "No, sweetheart." He smiled "I was only teasing you, I happen to be a very curious person myself."

"Mom thought I would be a lot like you." I told him sincerely.

"Really? Why would she think that?"

"I don't know, when she was pregnant with me just knew stuff like that. It passed onto me when I was born. She named me after you and everything so I guess she thought pretty highly of you." I smiled.

"She named you after me?" He questioned, truly sounding touched.

"My full name is Elizabeth Carlyle Masen. Carlyle, with a y." I smiled and he visibly melted.

"That was a very kind thing for Bella to do."

"It was very kind what you did for us." I responded. "I'm kinda alive because of you, so...I want to know more about you." I pressed him again, coming full circle.

He told me everything. All about how his human life, how he came to be a vampire, and everything else that lead him to this point in time. He told me about his time spent with a group called the Volturi, and promised to teach me about them later. He spoke of his want of companionship and that's what lead him to change my father first. I was surprised to find out exactly how old my father is but at the same time I accepted it as pure fact.

When Carlisle had finished, I realized we had spent three straight hours talking. I just admire him so much! His bravery and compassion are incredible and his resilience is inspiring.

"Why don't I share you with the rest of the family. They are very excited to meet you." He smiled warmly and I felt like I could face anything after the talk we just had.

"I'm excited too." I smiled back.

He led me to the living room, where five vampires were all sitting around smiling at me like mad men.

"Hello everyone. I'm Elizabeth Masen." I introduced myself.

"Hi! Aren't you precious! I'm your Aunty Alice!" The small, spiky haired girl practically danced up to me and hugged me tightly.