Chapter Fourteen

Authors note: What happens in Elizabeths visions with her gift is described in italics.

Happy reading!

*******************************

Elizabeth POV

I got out of my shower and dressed quickly. I remembered I had left my hair ties on the desk and I couldn't pull my hair up without them. As I turned into my moms old room and walked over to the desk, a dark...something caught my attention.

I threw my hair up into a messy bun as I crossed carefully over to the window, my heart racing with every step. I peered out, trying intently to see what I thought I had seen.

Something shot along the tree line.

Inhumanly fast.

I jumped a few feet backward as my cellphone let out a sharp ring.

"Hello?" I panted, breathless, into my phone.

"Elizabeth? Are you okay!?" My father voice sounded just as panicked as I felt.

"Should I not be?" I stuttered, obviously upset and not alright.

"Your friend Claire is coming to get you, she should be speaking with Charlie right now. She's going to bring you around La Push and to the back of our treaty line to meet us." He spoke quickly.

"Wait. What's happening?" I asked, trying to calm myself down.

"As the Denalies returned to the house from hunting, Eleazar ran across an unfamiliar vampires scent. It was close to your running track and we think who ever it was is curious about you."

"Is a Cullen watching Grampa's house?" I asked, suddenly remembering the dark figure outside.

"No...why?" He asked.

"No reason. Just curious." I responded, feeling like I shouldn't upset him anymore.

"I'll see you in just a few minuets Elizabeth, I love you." He spoke firmly.

"I love you too." I replied and he hung up.

"Elizabeth? Do you want to spend the weekend with Claire?" Grampa called up the stairs.

"Yeah! Sounds fun!" I laughed, hoping he wouldn't hear the panic in my voice.

I threw together my bag, only packing necessities, and rushed downstairs so I wouldn't have to be alone in my room any longer.

"Hey kid, are you alright?" Grampa asked, worry crossing his features.

"I'm fine, I'm just really excited for tonight!" I smiled.

He returned my smile and settled back down on the couch. Am I really that believable? I know I have charm but can I really fool a successful police chief that easily?

I must be a damn good actor or drop dead gorgeous one.

A few minuets later I hear a car pull into the drive and took off running to the door. I threw it open and Claire's worried expression met me.