2: Meet The Winchesters

STILES
The whole week after Scott had joined BHH had been the best week of Stiles entire school life. They got on like a house on fire and it drove their teachers crazy. Stiles had asked Scott to come over after school that day and he'd been delighted. The boys conversed over their sandwiches at a lunch table they'd made their own by the window, Stiles had quickly learned Scott was a meat lover. All of his sandwiches contained medleys of different meats, ranging from leftover steak, chicken, sliced ham, baloney, Turkey, sausage and some he didn't even recognise. Scott was undeniably an unusual guy, but Stiles liked it.

"Are your parents cool with me coming over for dinner?" Scott asked.
"Sure they are. I'll text my dad to pick us up." Stiles pulled his phone out and told Dean to expect another passenger.
"So what does your Dad do?" Scott had a curious look on his face. Stiles hadn't expected that question. He floundered a little, he couldn't just say 'My dad hunts ghosts, demons, and supernatural crap!'
"Uh he's a mechanic. Kind of." He improvised. It wasn't exactly a lie, it was near impossible to get him from underneath the hood of the Impala. "What about yours?"
"He's not really in the picture. He left a long while ago so it's just me, my mom and my older brother." Scott didn't seem bothered by talking about it. Stiles was unsure how to respond to such a personal piece of information so he avoided it.

"You have an older brother?"
"Yeah, Derek. He's an ass." Despite the insult, Scott smiled fondly when he said it. "You'll probably meet him when he picks me up later." Stiles wondered what Scott's brother would be like. He imagined something similar to Scott, bouncy and chatty but maybe more mature. He was a little jealous, having a brother sounded like fun. The bell rang out and the boys collected their trash, throwing it in the nearest can. They made their way to History debating about what Batman's ultimate battle was.

When the final bell rung, Stiles was buzzing with excitement. He couldn't wait to play video games with Scott and introduce him to his family. The two chatted as they exited the building.
"So which ones' your dad's car?" Scott wondered, peering around. Stiles spotted the shiny black Impala approaching the entrance and pointed it out to Scott. "Woah. That car is freaking awesome!" Scott nearly shrieked. Dean had his favourite aviators on and his music loud as was protocol for him. "Is your dad playing Led Zeppelin?" Scott said in disbelief. Stiles chuckled.
"Yep. He's a pretty big classic rock fan." Dean raised a hand to the boys out the window, the two waved back as he ground to a halt.

"What's up? I'm Stiles' dad, Dean. Dean Winchester." Scott held a hand out to Dean.
"Hi Mr. Winchester, I'm Scott Hale." Dean looked at Scott's outstretched hand and laughed.
"None of that Mr. Winchester stuff, just call me Dean, kid." Dean put out a fist and Scott caught on, bumping it with his own.
"Your dad is probably the coolest guy I've ever met." Scott was in awe of Dean, who simply grinned at the flattery.
"Trust me he gets annoying." Stiles mumbled.
"Aw cut some slack kiddo!" Dean whined. The boys got in the car and his dad drove away from the school.

The entire journey Scott did not stop talking to Stiles' father, you'd think it was them that were having the play date. When they parked in the driveway in front of the house Dean was laughing at something Scott had said.
"I like this guy, Stiles. You're welcome any time Scott."
"Thanks Mr.- Dean." They all doubled over laughing at 'Mr. Dean'.

Dean lead the trio into the house and into the living room where Castiel was sat staring intensely at the TV remote.
"Cas, this is Stiles' friend Scott. He's a funny kid, I like him." Dean introduced Scott fondly. Stiles had never seen his father warm to someone so quickly. Cas dropped the remote and jumped up and walked over to them smiling.

"Hi Scott, I'm Castiel Winchester, Stiles' father." He held out a hand but when Scott didn't take it immediately, Stiles looked over at him. Scott was slack jawed in confusion.
"But- wha- I thought Dean was your dad?"
"Ah jeez I forgot to tell you." Stiles smacked a hand to his forehead. "They're both my dads, Scott." The two dads were practically rolling on the floor laughing at Scott's befuddlement.
"What?!" Scott cried. They all went silent, waiting to see how he'd react now he understood the situation fully. Stiles held his breath, he was a little nervous Scott would think it was weird, or even worse, have something against gay people.

"That. Is. AWESOME." Scott punctuated his enthusiasm with wild hand movements. Castiel nodded reassuringly at Stiles as Dean wrapped an arm around his husband. "House full of guys! What more could you ask for?" Scott grinned. Stiles felt warm inside, his new friend accepted his family for who they were.

Later that evening, the four sat at the dining table, stomachs full of spaghetti bolognese. Scott patted his belly heartily.
"Mr. Castiel you are a seriously good cook. Thank you for dinner."
"You're most welcome, Scott." Cas beamed. He took a lot of pride in his culinary abilities. "I must apologise, I don't think Stiles told me your surname."
"Hale. Scott Hale." He confirmed. Castiel seemed to stiffen. Dean immediately picked up on this and eyed him questioningly.
"Hey boys why don't you take the plates out." His dad suggested. Stiles and Scott did as they were told.

Scott appeared ignorant to the change in atmosphere. Stiles tried to catch a snippet of what they were talking about but he couldn't even hear them talking at all. When they re-entered, Dean's face had hardened.
"So, Scotty, you full? Can we offer you something else like, oh I don't know... A rabbit? Maybe deer's more your taste?"
"Dean!" Castiel scolded. Scott's features were set in a frightened expression.

"How did you know?" Scott practically whispered. Stiles felt like he'd been left out of an inside joke.
"Know what? Dad? Pa?"
"Your little buddy's a werewolf." Dean replied in a matter-of-factly manner. Stiles whipped round to face Scott.
"What?!"
"Listen I don't know how you know but I promise me and my family aren't like the others!" Scott protested. "I don't want to hurt anyone!" Scott was evidently panicked at the turn of events. An authoritative voice filled the room.

"Everyone calm down. Now." Nobody disobeyed Stiles' pa when he used that tone. "He is telling the truth." Dean seemed to relax, his arms unfolding.
"My husband's an angel so we know if you're lying." Dean said, defensiveness laced in his voice. "And I'm a hunter so don't try and pull anything kid." Scott lost it. He looked frantically between the Winchester men.

"I swear I'm not going to pull anything! I just came to meet you guys because I wanted to meet Stiles' parents! He's the first person to be nice to me at school since I'm new. I had no idea you were a werewolf hunter. Please please don't hurt me I don't want to hurt anyone." Scott had his hands raised in defence.
"And your pack?" Dean interrogated.
"We're not part of a pack! It's just me, my mom and my brother!" He explained. "My moms human and my brother and I were born wolves because our dad was one. But he's not in the picture, he hasn't been for years! We moved here to get away from the werewolf drama!" Stiles thought Scott might cry, he was so scared.

Dean looked significantly less threatening.
"Cas?"
"It's all true."
"Okay kid. We need to get a few things straight. I'm not a werewolf hunter specifically, I'm a hunter of the supernatural in general but I'm sort of retired." Stiles and Castiel both snorted behind their hands.
"You're not sort of retired, dad. You haven't hunted anything in years." Stiles reminded Dean. Castiel giggled.
"Oh would the two of you shut up I'm tryna be serious here!" He said, irritated and embarrassed.

"As long as you're not planning anything against my son or my family, I don't have a problem with you being friends with Stiles. But try anything, it's lights out for you and your brother." Stiles forgot how terrifying his dad could sound when he wanted to.
"I swear on my life! I just want to be friends with him! My brother's picking me up so you can talk to him too!" Scott desperation was adorable. "I'll call him now."

About half an hour passed and Scott and Dean had resumed bff status that they had developed in the car earlier. Stiles knew his father liked to come off tough but he was a softy deep down. The chatter stopped when they heard the sound of a sleek engine purring outside the house.

"Good lord that is a sweet sound." said Dean.
"That's Derek's Camaro." Scott told him.
"I might have to befriend your brother." Dean muttered.
"Bring a nice car into it and your brother could be Satan for all he cared." Stiles groaned. Scott laughed. There was a sharp knock on the door.
"Stiles answer the door." Dean ordered. Scott accompanied him to the porch.

Stiles hadn't been too sure what to expect of the mysterious Derek Hale but he hadn't expected the visage that stood in the doorway.