41: We're There

A/N: Hey homies, it's about to get reeeeeaaaaaaal emotional up in this bitch. I was gonna leave things at the last chapter when I was writing it, hence why it was called 'Let's Go' but when I finished writing it, I was like "Nah that's too vague an ending. My babies deserve more than that." So I wrote this. Yes, it is the end. I am sorry, but we had to get there at some point. (Haha, get it?) Anyway, I wanna thank each and every one of you for supporting me and motivating me the whole way. I'm gonna get a little personal here, because I feel like you guys deserve to know. I suffer with severe depression and since I began writing this story and reading all your hilarious comments and lovely compliments, I've felt the closest I've felt to being happy in a looooong ass time. So I owe you guys one hell of a lot. I honestly think of you guys as friends. I guess some of you will be disappointed that this has ended, but a reminder, I TAKE ONESHOT REQUESTS so just leave a comment, drop me a message or write on my message board. I'm open to writing nearly anything, smut included. 😏 SO YEAH ENJOY!!!❤

8 YEARS LATER...

STILES
"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Stiles muttered, pacing the dressing room. Scott got up from where he was sat with Isaac and placed his hands on either side of his shoulders, halting him.
"Stiles, stop. You're making me nervous." He ordered him.
"This is scarier than entry exams, finals and results day all in one!" He protested.

"Everything's gonna be fine. You, Lydia and Allison planned this to perfection." Isaac assured him from the fancy couch he was lounging on. Stiles nodded shakily, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.
"Okay. You're right, let's do this." He double checked his appearance in the wall mirror, then turned to leave the room just as Dean and Cas came in.

"Kid, you ready? People are waitin'." Asked Dean.
"Mhm." He smiled weakly. Scott and Isaac pat him on the back and left the room to take their places.
"Let's do this." Dean grinned, "If you trip, pa and I will trip too so it looks planned." He joked.
"Or it will look like clumsiness runs in the family." Said Cas. Dean rolled his eyes.
"I really don't like that you're getting better at the whole sarcasm gig."

They exited the room and made their way down the hall until they reached a pair of big double doors.
"Alright. I'm ready." Stiles breathed, but as soon as he heard the music start, the butterflies in his stomach started up again. Dean and Cas linked an arm with Stiles and lead him out before he could run for the bathroom.

*

?
The ceremony had begun. Holding hands, Lydia and Allison led the way down the aisle in their beautiful bridesmaid dresses. Following them, was Sam's son holding a red pillow upon which sat the rings. Behind him was his older sister, sprinkling flowers across the floor as she went. Sam smiled at his wife Anna as they watched their children proudly.

Then, Stiles was led down the aisle by Dean and Cas, the cliché music ringing out through the church. Allison was wiping tears from her eyes while Lydia smiled proudly, their fingers interlinked. Scott and Isaac stood up front, beside Derek who was trying not to let the moisture spill over his lower lids. Stiles looked so unbelievably gorgeous.

A nervous smile on his face, the encouraging expression on Derek's face the only thing keeping him walking. He reached the altar and Dean took his place while Cas stepped up to the altar, the music came to a stop.
"We are gathered here today to witness the joining of my son Stiles and his boyfriend Derek in holy matrimony." Cas announced.

Derek squeezed Stiles hand at this. They'd gone through so much to get to this point.
"Stiles, from the second I saw you, I knew you were going to be a pain in my ass. And not the good kind." A chuckle rippled through the audience. "I remember you opening the door to me that night I came to pick Scott up." He smiled nostalgically.

"I remember thinking, wow. This is the most gorgeous human being I've ever seen in my life." He took both Stiles' hands. "Honestly, I was terrified. You were this young, loud, hilarious seventeen year old and it terrified me that all I wanted was to spend my every waking moment with you." He took a deep breath. "Nothing has changed. That's still all I want."

Stiles' lips quivered as he tried not to cry.
"I've thought about this day for a long time. I didn't think I'd live to see it when your dad caught us on a date." He grinned, one of those rare, toothy grins. Dean nudged Derek in jest. "But we made it, and I'm ready. I've been ready since you sang Thunderstruck in my car." That did it, a tear rolled down Stiles' cheek.

Cas took this as his cue.
"Derek, do you take Stiles as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Cas asked.

"I do" Derek replied firmly. At this, Sam's son ran up to the pair with the rings. Derek smiled down at the little boy and took one of the rings, thanking him quietly. "I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit." He finished, slipping the ring onto Stiles' trembling finger.

Stiles wiped his eyes before he said his own vows.
"As a kid with two dads, I never thought I stood a chance in getting a boyfriend. He began, the guest laughed at this. "And when you showed up on my doorstep, six feet of muscle and broodiness, I was certain I was going to die alone." He snorted.

"But somehow, you managed to wear these two down. I guess saving me from a kidnapper helped." He smiled, Derek rolled his eyes but smiled back all the same. "But in all seriousness, you're the most selfless, caring and just downright beautiful person I've ever met." Derek had to refrain from kissing his fiancé.

"You helped me through pretty much every problem I've had since I met you, no matter how big or small without expecting anything in return. Hell, you moved with me when I went to college so we wouldn't have to do long distance." He laughed. "You've proved time and time again how much you love me Derek, and I can only do as well as an awkward kid with ADHD can to love you just as much and take care of you the way you have me."

"Stiles, do you take Derek as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Cas asked his son. Stiles grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

"I do." He reached for the remaining ring and slid it on Derek's finger, staring at it for a moment in awe. "I take this ring as a sign of my love and faithfulness in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit."
"I now pronounce you, husband and husband." Cas managed to choke out before bursting into tears.

Dean pulled Cas into his arms as Derek and Stiles launched into a passionate kiss, while their friends and family whooped and clapped until their hands and throats hurt. Derek hauled Stiles up bridal style, ignoring his shrieks of protest as he whirled him round.
"We're married." Derek breathed.
"Duh." Stiles smirked, kissing him again.

They watched the scene from the back of the church, knowing they couldn't offer their congratulations to their son, but their souls could rest peacefully knowing he'd found happiness.
"We should go, Claudia." Whispered John, hating seeing his wife so sad.

"The angel and the hunter did such a good job raising him." She smiled tearily.
"We'll meet him and Derek one day sweetie. Don't worry." The pair took one last look at Stiles who was so wrapped up in Derek, they didn't even appear to register their guests congratulating them.

"We love you precious." Claudia murmured, then took John's hand as they returned to their place of rest.