37: Prom Is For Sissys

A/N: Hey babies, hope this helps with Monday blues. I wanna know more about you guys since I feel like you're all my friends, leave your names and country! Love ya'll! 

"Is he gonna be okay? Please say he's gonna be okay oh my god." Stiles babbled to Melissa as he stood by the hospital bed that Dean lay on. Isaac had managed to get him to the hospital just in time for the doctors to perform a life saving blood transfusion.
"Stiles, calm down. Breathe." Melissa instructed. "He just needs to recover, it's been a traumatic night for all of you I imagine."

Traumatic was one word for it. The police were on their way and the group of males still hadn't got their story straight. How did they explain finding Stiles and the injuries sustained to Dean without arousing too much suspicion? Melissa had taken care of Castiel's relatively minor injuries while they waited for Dean to become coherent again, he'd been sleeping for hours and honestly, everyone was getting worried despite Melissa's reassurances.

Thankfully, Derek took charge.
"We need to decide what we're telling the police, and by we, I mean I need to decide." He asserted. Jackson, Scott, Isaac and Stiles all nodded, all too exhausted and worried to object. Danny had gone home to sleep after looking after Jackson the entire night and Castiel was standing beside Dean, clinging onto his hand. He had hardly even looked up from where his husband lay since they got there.

"Listen and listen good because I am not repeating myself." Derek began. "We were doing a search of the forest for Stiles when we came across the house. We decided to check it out and found Stiles there. Unfortunately, Dean was stabbed by Stiles kidnapper who consequently got away." He folded his arms, satisfied with the explanation which was rather similar to the truth.

"But how would the kidnapper even get away when there was six of us?" Jackson drawled, rolling his eyes. Derek glared at him.
"Because you're all a bunch of idiots."
"Derek!" Melissa snapped, clipping him round the ear. Stiles had to stifle a laugh despite the circumstances. Derek nudged Stiles in the rib with his elbow, shooting him a playful gaze.

"I doubt the police will be too interested in the finer details, just in a description of the kidnapper, but we'll all say it was too dark to see." Everyone nodded in agreement, at least that part was believable. There was an increase in the speed of the steady beeping coming from Dean's monitor and they all turned their heads to look at him. Dean's face was scrunched up in discomfort, Stiles hurried to his father's bedside, grabbing his other hand. The man's eyelids began to flutter.

"Son of a... Bitch." Were Dean's first words.
"Dad!" Stiles cried, moving to throw his arms around him but Cas threw his hands up in a halting motion.
"He's fragile." He smiled weakly.
"Oh yeah." Stiles murmured, watching as his dad's eyes opened.

"Stiles." Dean half grinned, half grimaced. Stiles grinned right back it him.
"Right here dad."
"And you're never going anywhere again, I'm locking you in the living room and wrapping you in wolfs bane for the rest of your life." He chuckled. They all laughed apart from Derek.

For the next hour or so they chatted amongst themselves, an atmosphere of relief settling over the room now that Dean was awake and cracking jokes. Suddenly, Scott's voice broke out over everyone else's.
"PROM!" He yelled. They all stared at him, utterly confused.
"Sweetie, use your words." Melissa encouraged, patting her son on the head. Scott groaned and shrugged his way out of her grasp.
"Because of all the crap going down, we forgot about prom!" He elaborated.

"Damn, you're right." Isaac commented, his mouth slightly open. Stiles had forgotten the event even existed.
"I didn't forget, I got my tux last week." Jackson smirked.
"Why didn't you say anything?" Stiles sighed, though it was more of a rhetorical question since they all knew he'd done it to be an asshole.

"Boys just relax, I'm sure you all have plenty of time to prepare." Melissa reassured them.
"Prom is for sissys." Dean coughed from his bed.
"Actually it's next week." Jackson piped up again. They all stared at him in disbelief.
"I hate you." Scott growled, and Melissa didn't even scold him for rudeness.

There was a knock on the door, and in came two police officers. They glanced around at the rather full room with their eyebrows raised.}
"We came to get statements about the stabbing last night, and the apparent retrieval of a missing person." One said.
"Apparent? I'm right here!" Stiles exclaimed. The officers ignored him and took out pens and pads, then ushered Derek and Castiel from the room to be questioned first.

Within half an hour, everyone had given their statements and the officers had left.
"I think you boys should go home now and get some rest, you too Stiles." Melissa said, noticing the yawns and dark bags under the teenagers' eyes.
"Don't need to ask me twice." Jackson sighed, strutting from the room. Next to go were Isaac, Scott and Derek, leaving Stiles to have a minute with his parents before leaving.

"I don't wanna let you outta my sight kid, but you gotta get some sleep." Dean smiled sadly at his son.
"Go back with Scott and Derek, we don't want you at home all by yourself." Cas instructed, Stiles went to make a comment to Dean about this but his dad tossed him a warning look so he stayed silent.
"Okay dads. I love you guys." Stiles smiled, hugging Cas and planting a kiss on Dean's head. The couple waved at him as he left. 

Stiles left the room to find Derek waiting for him. They interlinked fingers, squeezing tightly.
"I missed you." Stiles whispered, resting his forehead against Derek's chest. The older of the two pulled him in for a hug, kissing his hair. Stiles looked up at Derek, who was gazing at him with those intense green eyes.
"I'm so in love with you." The wolf murmured. Stiles' heart began to hammer in his ribcage, and kissed Derek full force.

Their lips moved together in unison, the familiar rhythm that they always found returning to them. Stiles felt as if he were on fire, burning pleasantly in the heat of Derek's love. Derek's strong arms snaked around him, holding him so tightly that he lifted him off the ground.
"Get a room, jesus." Stiles was brought out of the trance by Isaac's voice. Derek put Stiles down but didn't let go of his hand.

"Go home." Derek groaned.
"In case you haven't noticed, I don't have a car. You think I want to be stood here watching you eat each other's faces like starving zombies?" Isaac asked sarcastically.
"Why did we ever let him in the pack." Derek muttered as the three of them met up with Scott at the end of the hallway.

*

During the ride to Isaac's house, the sole topic of conversation was prom much to Derek's dismay.
"There's a pretty nice suit shop at the mall we could go to." Scott suggested.
"Sounds good to me." Isaac agreed. "You coming with us, Stiles?"
"Alright." He smiled. "What about dates? Who are you guys asking?" An awkward silence fell in the Camaro, Scott redirected his gaze out the window and Isaac took his phone out of his pocket and replied to a message.

"We could go as a group?" Stiles tried, confused about the sudden change of atmosphere. He glanced at Derek, whose eyebrows were furrowed deeply in their signature V.
"Yeah." Scott replied, his tone a little distant, Isaac said nothing until they reached his house.
"See you later guys. Good to have you back Winchester." He grinned at Stiles, then ran inside.

For the remainder of the journey, not a lot was said. Stiles wondered the entire way to the Hale house about Scott and Isaac's even stranger than usual behaviour.