28: Interrogation Avec Derek

A/N: Hey guys, yes, I know. I'm a total assbutt. This has taken a really long time to write because I was away then a tonne of personal crap went down and THEN I got sick, but the good news is, NEW CHAPTER! Sorry it took so long, I hope ya'll had a great Valentine's Day!

IMPORTANT: I'm considering adding more depth to this fic, originally I didn't think it was going to go past twenty chapters but I have so many ideas for it! I'm just letting you guys know that sterek is still the centre piece of the story but there's gonna be more characters joining the party!

SCOTT
"You, me, talk, now." Scott groaned when Derek ordered him to sit down in the kitchen in his 'I mean business' voice. They slumped in armchairs, Scott crossed his legs in the seat while Derek sat with a straight back and his feet touching the floor.
"What's up Derb-"
"If you want your tongue to remain in your mouth and not in the trash I suggest you do not call me that." He snapped.

Scott pursed his lips but decided not to tease Derek any further.
"What's up?" He asked, Derek let an elbow sit on the armrest.
"I should be asking you that. Stiles told me you and Isaac were arguing." Scott stiffened immediately. His teeth chewed at the inside of his cheeks, he knew that this conversation would only end badly for him if Derek asked the right questions.

"I guess I'm still just getting used to him being around all the time." He answered honestly, inwardly praising himself for the not screwing up already. Derek raised a thick eyebrow, Scott could tell he believed him but sensed that he wasn't telling him everything.
"Don't you like him?"
"I do, he can just be a little... Full on I guess." He sighed, Derek snorted.
"And you're not?"

Scott rolled his eyes, he knew he and Isaac were similar in that they were both outspoken but it was a lot easier when there was only one of them.
"Mhm." He hummed, unsure how to continue. Derek regarded him for a moment, then inhaled.
"Stiles said some gay jokes were made."
"I wasn't making fun of-"
"Towards you."

Scott internally cursed Stiles for telling Derek the one thing that would lead this conversation in the exact direction he was trying to avoid. It was going to be extremely difficult to avoid lying directly to Derek in his responses, and chances were, he wasn't going to come out of this without taking some damage.
"Yeah, Isaac was just being an ass."

Derek looked utterly unconvinced, he folded his arms and sat further back into the chair.
"You're straight. Why would gay jokes be applicable to you in an argument?" Scott was finding it increasingly difficult to keep looking at Derek directly when the discomfort was becoming almost unbearable. The familiar sick feeling that descended in his stomach when trouble was impending churned his insides.
"You're asking the wrong person. I can't tell you why Isaac does what he does." He deflected.

"Oscar Wilde. Why would he compare you to a guy who was pretty well known for having a wife and kids despite being gay?" Derek had hit the nail on the head. If Scott didn't know any better, he would have assumed Derek already knew. He had an infuriating talent for pulling the right strings when he was trying to get information out of Scott.

"Well I don't have a wife and kids so seems like a pretty lame joke." Scott shot back, failing at keeping the defensiveness from his tone.
"You know exactly what I mean Scott. He's saying you're playing straight."
"Pretty sure if I was playing it straight then I wouldn't enjoy doing-"
"I really don't need to to tell me about your sex life Scott." Derek deadpanned.

Scott glared indignantly at Derek who stared back coolly. It was a challenging exchange of looks that dared the other to speak first and of course, Derek won.
"I'm going to say this only once. If there is something going on between you and Isaac you better tell me now or you're in some ocean deep shit if I find out later in time."

Ice shot down Scott's spine. Derek suspected something. Although there was nothing really going on between he and Isaac as it was a one time thing, there was a nagging feeling in the back of his mind that nothing good could come of lying to Derek.

Despite all the tiny Stiles' in his head telling him to do the responsible thing and avoid getting his ass handed to him;
"Nothing's going on."

STILES
It had been a long night of studying when Stiles finally decided to close his biology book and get ready for bed. He shrugged his t-shirt off, leaving his grey sweatpants on and strolled to his bathroom. Splashing water on his face, he ran his hands through his hair.
The late nights were beginning to show beneath his eyes and Stiles made a mental note to take more naps.

After brushing his teeth, Stiles tore back the covers and slumped down into the comforting warmth of his bed. He snuggled deeper into the blankets and suppressed the butterflies in his stomach that always came when the possibility of Derek visiting was high. He allowed his eyelids to sink shut in the hopes that the time would go by faster.

His thoughts flashed back to the afternoon before during which he and Derek had lain in an open field, basking in the April sunshine.

"Can I ask you something?" Stiles started, nerves flitting about in his brain. Derek's head turned and he looked at Stiles through blades of green grass.
"Anything." He smiled, Stiles' heart skipped a beat every time he did so. He wracked his thoughts for how to continue, rolling a daisy between his fingers.

"When are we going to... You know, seal the bond?" He responded timidly. Derek's eyebrows rose, eyes comically wide. He quickly controlled his expression and searched Stiles' eyes with his own.
"You want to?"

That was a ridiculous question. There wasn't much in he world that Stiles wanted more.
"You don't have to be considerate or whatever just cuz I'm younger, I- I do want to. A lot." He felt his face redden and just as he moved to turn his head away in embarrassment, Derek caught his face between his hands.

He stared him in the eyes.
"Stiles I'm not being considerate because you're young, I'm being considerate because... I love you." There was no skip in his heartbeat this time, but a full blown halt. "If you're sure you want to seal the bond, that makes me happier than you can imagine." He placed a firm kiss against Stiles' lips and wrapped his arms around him, pulling them closer together.

"I love you too Derek."

Shivers ran up Stiles' body when he heard the all too familiar sound of his window being opened. He kept his eyes closed even when he felt the weight of another person weighing down the side of his bed that he always left vacant for Derek. He listened to the steady rhythm of his lover's breathing, smiling to himself.

He felt his cold hand trace up the length of Stiles' neck, around the curves of his ear and to his cheek where it settled to stroke it with his thumb. Goosebumps rose on his arms and legs and he nuzzled further into the touch.
"Get in, it's cold without you." Stiles murmured, edging further up to make more room. Derek made no move to get in and didn't respond.

"Is everything ok?" He asked. When Derek still said nothing, Stiles shifted, turning his head to look at Derek.
That was when he realised it wasn't Derek sitting on his bed.

A hand clamped over his mouth and the dark figure of a man dragged him from the clutches of his bed. He was surprisingly strong, tossing Stiles over his shoulder and made his way over to the window. Panic ran through Stiles' veins, he desperately tried to scream but no sound escaped his throat.

This was really happening, and Derek wasn't there to save him.