38: Home Sweet Home

A/N: GUYS YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONESHOT OF DEREK AND STILES LOOKING AFTER ONE OF THOSE FAKE BABIES I DIED WITH LAUGHTER http://felicitysmock.tumblr.com/post/135017301292/sterek-15

STILES
That morning, Stiles woke up to the comforting warmth of muscular arms wrapped protectively around him. He smiled and snuggled deeper into Derek's chest as they spooned.
"Morning." The wolf greeted, his husky morning voice sending shivers down Stiles' spine. They were both shirtless, the skin to to skin contact felt heavenly.

Derek nuzzled his nose against Stiles' ear and pressed a kiss just beneath it.
"I might just keep you here forever so you never get kidnapped again." He suggested.
"You make it sound like it's going to be a regular occurrence." Stiles chuckled, not objecting to Derek's idea.
"It wouldn't surprise me. I struggle not to kidnap you when you're at home." Derek murmured, the soft breath as he spoke tickling Stiles' neck.

Stiles' boyfriend pressed his groin further into his behind as he stretched, it was unclear whether this was intentional or not but Derek definitely had morning wood, and it wasn't some pathetic sapling, it was a coast redwood.
"Are you hinting?" Stiles whispered, for fear of Scott hearing.
"He can probably still hear you but yes I am hinting." Derek chuckled.

Stiles grinned and turned around, pressing his lips to Derek. It took the older of the two no time at all to litter small kisses all over his neck, sucking lightly every so often just how Stiles liked it.
"I seriously missed you." Stiles breathed. Derek's hands roved lower to grasp his butt hard and he let out a gasp.

"Stop it!" Came Scott's horrified voice from the hallway. The pair of them burst out laughing, but heeded out of respect for Scott who was likely to be scarred for the rest of his life. Stiles' heart swelled, he was irrevocably happy to be back where he belonged. Unfortunately it came at the price of his dad's injury but he knew he'd be fine with the doctors and his pa taking care of him.

There was a knock on the door. Stiles looked at Derek questioningly, who pulled the duvet up further to cover them both.
"It's my mom." Derek sighed. "Come in." He called out. The door swung open and Melissa stood in the doorway, eyebrows raised.
"Now I know you're both of age, but protection better be used when you boys-"
"Stop. Right now." Derek groaned. "We do not need a sex talk this early in the morning."

"I'll save it for later then." Melissa smiled sweetly. "In the meantime, breakfast is ready." And with that, she closed the door, leaving them to get dressed and hurry downstairs for pancakes. Derek threw Stiles one of his black t-shirts and a pair of sweats, and got dressed himself. Stiles relished the scent of his boyfriend washing over him as he put the clothing on.

They made their way downstairs and were greeted by the sight of Scott, glaring at them in disapproval from the stove.
"Get over it." Derek snorted and took two plates of pancakes to the dining room for him and Stiles. Melissa was there already setting out drinks for everyone.
"I assumed you like hot chocolate Stiles, I hope you don't mind." She smiled.
"Of course not." Stiles grinned, leaping over to the mug and taking a sip. "That is so good."

Melissa smiled, her eyes a little watery. She wiped at them, her smile faltering.
"Sorry boys, I was just so worried. I'm only really processing it now that we could have lost you forever." Melissa admitted. Stiles and Derek stared at her in disbelief, the younger being the first to react and hugging her. He hadn't realised Melissa cared about him so much.
"You know Derek and Scott would never let that happen." He assured her and Derek simply nodded.

Melissa shook her head as if it would get rid of the tears, dabbed at her eyes with the edge of her sleeve and recollected herself.
"Right... This is not the time to be emotional." She said firmly. "This is the time for pancakes." She strode purposefully from the room to check on the progress of the pancakes Scott was making.

Derek said nothing, but the look on his face said it all. Stiles cracked up laughing and stood behind him, sliding his arms through the gaps beneath Derek's and resting his hands on the man's stomach.
"I think your mom loves me more than you." He jibed and Derek snorted.
"It wouldn't surprise me. Most people do." He joked right back. When Scott and Melissa re-entered they pulled apart awkwardly and sat down to eat the ridiculous amount of pancakes Scott had made.

*

Stiles was reluctant to get out of Derek's Camaro when they pulled up outside his house, but the knowledge that Scott would be with him in the empty house was enough to calm his nerves. His pa was still at the hospital with his dad, and it was likely that he wouldn't be leaving until his husband did. Castiel trusted the Hale's to take care of Stiles.

"Bye." Stiles smiled genuinely at Derek, leaning across to kiss him and ignoring the way Scott gagged dramatically and jumped swiftly out the car. Derek mouthed an 'I love you' and squeezed his hand before letting him leave. Stiles mouthed one right back then followed Scott to the front door, eyes never leaving the black car until it was out of sight.
"You two are disgusting." Scott commented.
"And you're immature." Stiles countered, pulling out the key his pa gave him.

It felt indescribably good to be back in his own house, he drank in the familiar sights and smells, running his hands across the walls.
"Home sweet home." He whispered, then ran up to his room to check his neglected Tumblr and Wattpad library, Scott in tow.

Scott flopped down in Stiles' swivelling chair while he did what he needed to do on his laptop. As he scrolled through his dashboard, Scott's phone buzzed.
"It's Isaac. He wants to know if we're up for suit shopping today." He announced.
"Does a werewolf shit in the woods?" Stiles grinned. Scott shook his head at the terrible joke but left the room so Stiles could change into his own clothes.

He showered, dried off then grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a red t-shirt and threw them on. It was strange how good it felt to do normal things that he took for granted before. Once he was ready, he opened his bedroom door and found Scott smiling goofily down at his phone. Stiles raised an eyebrow.
"Texting someone special?" He teased. Scott immediately controlled his facial expression and put his phone away.
"No, just laughing at a meme." Scott replied defensively.

Stiles watched him for a moment, a hand on one hip.
"Whatever dude." He sighed finally. The two traipsed back downstairs and sat on the couch in the living room. Scott was still on his phone.
"Isaac said he'd be ready in about twenty minutes." He informed Stiles.
"We'll leave in ten." He decided. They flicked the TV on and channel hopped for a while to pass the time.

When they were on the fifth channel, Scott got up from the couch.
"Be right back. Bathroom." He said, then left the room. The first thing Stiles noticed in Scott's absence was that he left his phone on the arm of the sofa. He pounced on it. He rolled his eyes at the lock screen and typed in Scott's birthday, snorting when it unlocked. He took a ridiculous selfie before opening up the text message app. As expected, Isaac's name was at the top of his inbox.

Stiles scrolled through, but the only other names were 'D', 'Mom' and his own. He frowned and tapped Isaac's conversation. He scrolled up and down and found the two had been texting since four in the morning, now Stiles was really interested. He felt bad, but he just had to read the conversation.

'Isaac (04:13): We need to talk.
Me (04:14): I know :/
Isaac (04:16): Something really bad could have happened to u the other night
Me (04:17): But it didn't????
Isaac (04:19): & if it did? W/b us?
Me (04:20): U'd find some1 else :(
Isaac (04:21): I don't want that. Tell D or I will.
Me (04:23): Give me some time. Night
Isaac (04:23): night'

Stiles was about to continue reading when he heard footsteps, he shut his mouth that had fallen open in shock, re-locked Scott's phone and tossed it back to its original position. He tried to sit as normally as possible so as not to arouse suspicion. Scott bounded back into the room.
"Shall we go?"
"Sure!" Stiles said a little too enthusiastically, and followed his best friend from the room, his findings weighing heavily on his mind.