3

"Hold the door" Minho shouted at Thomas and I as we did as told and he pushed a big shelf down in front of it.

We had made it to another room that a couple of cranks had chased us into. I heard more unsettling noises and Thomas pushed me along in front of him.

"Go,go,go" he said which he said a lot to be honest but that's cool.

We ran up a flight of stairs or what looked like broken escalators and up to the second floor as the cranks continued to chase us. My arrow quiver bounced gently across my back and I had my bow in one hand and my flashlight was in the other. I would try to shoot them but they moved too fast. By the time the arrow was loaded they would have got me.

"Hey go!" Thomas yelled to everyone as we approached them fastly with cranks hot on our heels.

They looked at us confused.

"Run" Minho yelled as we continued pushing towards them which wasn't too hard for me because back in the maze I was a runner.

We began up a set of escalators again and someone yelled out "Thomas Minho what are those things?"

"They're cranks. All the crap you heard about the outbreak is real" I said as we continued running. One ran out in front of us but I loaded my bow and shot it before anybody could do anything. I grabbed my arrow and it got up and went after Teresa and Thomas. Newt grabbed me and pulled me with him and the group as we were going to meet them on the other side I guess. We reached Teresa and Thomas and continued running. I heard glass shatter as one jumped out the window onto Newt. I ran towards it and kicked it through the rails on the side.

"Thanks Carson" he said as I held him up and we then ran off again.

"You ok?" I asked as we ran and looked at him.

"Yeah" he said. I nodded. We ran into a hallway like thing and fiddled with a door.

"Go" I yelled as the cranks flooded in. We all continued running down and ran to a dead end.

"The door" I yelled as we began kicking it.

"I'll hold the back" Winston said as he shot the gun frantically at the cranks.

"Get the door open" he screamed and Frypan pushed through it and it slung open.

"Come on" I yelled grabbing Winston and he ran through after me but a crank grabbed him and began dragging him in. I grabbed his hands and Newt grabbed my waist to keep me from being drug in. I held on tightly to Winston and tried to pull him loose as Minho kept the cranks out. I let out a yell as I pulled Winston as hard as I could and got him free from the cranks. I fell back onto Newt and breathed hard not even caring I was halfway on top of him. We stood up and he helped Winston off and Thomas told Minho to go.

"Go Thomas" I said pushing my body weight against the door.

"No you go I'll be there he said and I shook my head pushing him forward to where he had no choice but to run. I counted down and opened the door and took off as fast as I could as the cranks chased me. Everyone jumped down and gathered under something where the cranks couldn't find them and one landed on me. I screamed as I jabbed it in the head with my knife and another came.

"Where's Carson" I could hear Aris say and I stabbed the other crank and got down before any could see me. I calmly crawled towards the group and reached them.

"Right here" I said scaring them a little. Newt grabbed me and hugged me along with Aris.

"Are you crazy?!" Newt and Thomas said.

"Maybe" I said grinning slightly.