5

"WINSTON STOP" Newt yelled as Winston began shooting aimlessly every which way.

Thomas ran down under the shade we were under and grabbed the gun from Winston as Winston fell back and layed his head on the hot sand after throwing up blood.

"It's growing, inside me" he said lifting his shirt gently and his stomach looked gross and rotten.

"I'm not gonna make it" he said finally and I sighed and rubbed my head. "Please don't let me turn into one of those things."

Frypan fiddled with the gun and a tear went down my face. Not that I knew him, it was just sad that kids this young were dying. Newt dropped his head and walked to Frypan and got the gun from his hand.

"Newt" Thomas said feeling bad that he was the one giving him the gun, to kill himself.

Newt slipped the gun unto Winston's hand.

"Thank you" Winston said weakly. "Get outta here."

"Goodbye Winston" Newt said sadly. He stood up and grabbed my hand and his bag and pulled me along with him. I looked back to see everyone saying their goodbyes. I gripped onto Newt's hand and we continued walking waiting for the shot to ring out. We walked a little until we heard it and we all stopped. I sniffed and Newt looked down and rubbed my back before pulling me along.

"Is the badass crying?" Minho asked and I just smiled gently as everyone giggled a little.

**

"I thought we were supposed to be immune" Minho asked.

"Not all of us" Teresa said. "I guess."

"If Winston could get infected we should assume so can the rest of us" Newt said and I looked up at him where as I was laying between him and Aris.

"I never thought I'd say it" Frypan said and I looked over to see tears running down his face. "I miss the glade."

**

We walked across a flat sandy ground with no hills or anything. The mountains were closer luckily. My quiver gently hit my back after every step I took and my knives on my leg shifted a little every time my leg hit the ground. We walked in complete silence with a few words thrown out every now and again but not really. Just the sound of sand crunching under boots and the wind blowing every which way.

**

I cuddled closer to Newt's chest and he looked down at me. Everyone else was asleep and I had a hard time falling asleep today and I didn't know why. I flipped myself to face Newt and he was awake as well.

"Sorry" I whispered.

"It's not you I just cant sleep well either" he said.

I grabbed his hand and started playing with his fingers and he smiled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're beautiful" he said.

I blushed looking down but I felt his hand under my chin and my face was lifted to his before our lips crashed together. Literally sparks went CRAZY in my stomach. I couldn't breathe. I smiled into the kiss and we broke apart. I kissed his cheek and cuddled into his chest.

"I like you a lot" he mumbled.

"I like you too" I said my heart pounding out of my chest.

**

"Get up" I heard Thomas say and Newt lifted me up a little.

"What" I asked cranky (haha). I wasn't a morning person at all.

"Look" he said pointing and lights came into view.

I shot up and picked my bow arrows up and slung the bag over my shoulder. I grabbed Newt's hand and pulled him up as he slung his bag on his back. He didn't release my hand and I remembered what happened before we fell asleep. I smiled at him and he smiled at me too. I heard a loud clap of thunder and we turned around to see lightning striking the ground everywhere.

"We gotta go" Thomas said and we nodded.

We ran quickly and the lights became closer, but so did the lightning. I held Newt's hand and pulled him along. He couldn't run as fast because I noticed he had a limp. I didn't know why but maybe I'd ask him later. Next thing I knew a strike of lightning blew me back and I looked up blackness filling my vision to see Minho laying knocked out. All I heard was a ringing in my ears. I felt somebody pick me up and carry me bridal style but the next thing I knew I slipped into unconsciousness.