8

"Is everyone ok?" Thomas asked.

"We're fine" Teresa called out.

"A bullet grazed Carson" Newt said.

"I'm ok" I said.

Newt looked at my arm and made a face. He took the wrap from his bag and wrapped it around my arm. I hissed at the pain where as the graze was pretty deep to be honest.

"Does anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt asked.

"Everybody, get set to sprint back to the truck and hold your ears" Jorje said and Newt grabbed me.

"Drop it" I heard someone say.

"On your feet let's go" the person said. They sounded REALLY familiar.

I saw them walk towards me and I pushed through everyone with my eyes wide and the girl dropped the gun.

"Carson?" Harriet asked.

"Oh my gosh" I said hugging her and she looked at me.

"Sonya" I said hugging her.

"You're lucky we didn't kill you" she said and I laughed and saw Aris walk out and they hugged him as well.

"What is this?" Minho asked.

"We were in the maze together" I replied.

"We're clear guys come on out" Harriet yelled and people walked out over the cliffs.

Newt grabbed my hand once again as we followed them.

"Wait so how did you get here?" Aris asked.

"The right arm got us out" she said.

"Wait the right arm do you know them?" Thomas asked.

"Hop in" Harriet said opening the door to a vehicle.

"By the way, We'll get you stitched up" she said and I smiled.

**

I looked at the tents and all the people busy with conversations or cooking.

"Lucky you found us when you did" Sonya said.

"We're moving out at first light" Harriet said.

"Where's Vince" Harriet asked a guy.

"Somewhere over there."

"Who's Vince?" Thomas asked.

"He decides if you get to stay" Harriet replied.

I fell to the back with Newt and he looked down at me.

"What if they don't want us to stay but let you and Aris?" he asked in a low whisper.

"Don't worry" I said grabbing his hand and pecking his cheek. "I wont stay if you cant."

"I thought the right arm was supposed to be an army?" Minho asked.

"We were" a man said walking out. "This is all that's left of us. A lot of good people died getting us this far. Who are they?" he asked Harriet.

"They're immunes" Harriet said. "We caught them coming up the mountain."

"Did you check them?" the man asked.

"I know them two, Aris and Carson. I trust them" she said.

"I don't check them" the man said.

Brenda fell over and Jorje grabbed her. The man squatted down and pulled a bandage around her leg back to see a bite.

"We got a crank" he said pulling his gun out.

"WAIT" Thomas yelled. "This just happened shes not dangerous yet."

'You shouldn't have brought her here" the man said.

"I know I just-"

"If we let cranks in here now the safe haven wont last a week" he said.

"Listen please, I told her you could help" Thomas said. "There's gotta be something you can do."

"Yeah" he said coking his gun. "I can put her out of her misery."

"NO" Jorje said trying to get out of the other mens grip. I looked at Newt and he just grabbed my hand tighter.

"LET HIM GO" a woman said barging through.

"She's infected doc" the man with the gun said. "There's nothing we can do for her."

"No but he can" she said looking at Thomas. "Hello Thomas."

"What?" I questioned.

"You know me?" he asked.

"Interesting, makes sense they put you in the maze" she said and I looked confused at Frypan and Minho and they shrugged.

"Though I must admit, I was worried they'd kill you after what you did."

"What I did?" he asked confused.

"The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore. Watching your friends die one by one. The last time we spoke you gave me the coordinates of every Wicked compound, trial and lab."

"He was our source" the man said.

"We couldn't have pulled all this off without him" the woman said. "Take her to the tent and get these guys some warm clothes."

"Hey she needs stitches" Harriet said motioning to my arm.

"Come on" the woman said. I pulled Newt with me and the man held him back.

"He can too" she said noticing I was uncomfortable without him. Then we made our way to the tent.