Chapter 3

Oikawa's and Hajime's presence were required in the King's room immediately, according to Kunimi-san. Oikawa could feel his heart beat out of adrenaline and anxiety. He knew that today would be the day his freedom, liberty, and title of Prince would disappear. Somehow that struck fear, but also excitement for what could happen next.

     He stood there anxiously, tapping his foot and fiddling his thumbs until Iwaizumi had to smack his arm and tell him to stop. They both stood facing the empty chair of the King, who would be present soon.

     Once the King arrived, the room fell silent and the silence hurt the Prince's ears.

"Oikawa Tooru. You have dishonored the kingdom of Aoba Jousai. You have tainted the name Oikawa and used it to fulfill your sinful desires. Henceforth, your case has been filed and you are to be executed today.

"Iwaizumi Hajime. You too, have dishonored the trust of Aoba Jousai and have been dismissed from your rank as knight. As well as Oikawa, you are to be executed today."

     Murmurs could be heard, murmurs that echoed off the walls that Oikawa could hear clearly. Executed? He should be tortured for what he's done! He's tainted the Aoba Jousai kingdom, how could he forgive him? But Tooru is young...

     Oikawa Tooru knew that he would be in trouble, but to be executed? By his own father? Tears welled up in his eyes and he started to shake. What seemed like the start of an adventure turned out to be the end of his life.

"Excuse me," a small voice spoke from behind the two boys. "But this is unacceptable."

     The voices quieted down and Tooru saw Kunimi-san approaching the King.

"According to the written law of Aoba Jousai, written by the second King, it clearly depicts an act of treason is to be punished by banishment of the human," he took one more step forward and looked the king square in the eye. "Not execution."

The whole room went up in chatter, many voices contradicting the teacher.

"Kunimi Akira," the king started to say, taking a deep breath. "Are you trying to tell me how to run my kingdom?"

"Not at all Your Majesty, I'm simply stating the rules of the kingdom that you govern." The king gave a fierce look, one that Tooru had only seen once before in battle.

The king stood up in anger and pointed to the Knights that stood about the room.

"Execute the three of them at once!"

Oikawa and Iwaizumi quickly looked back to the doors for an escape, but saw instead at least five guards running at them. Oikawa panicked and out of instinct hid behind Iwaizumi. Tears pricked his eyes out of fear, his body almost paralyzed out of shock.

Iwaizumi pulled out a hidden dagger he had stored away for emergency uses and quickly cut down the guards standing in the way of their exit. He started to run when he noticed Oikawa wasn't behind him.

"Oikawa! Let's go!" He frantically screamed, but the young prince was still, he couldn't believe what was happening around him. Iwaizumi watched I terror as a guard tried to swing his sword at Oikawa but-

"Kunimi!"

     The sword impacted the side of Kunimi's left arm. He winced and pushed Oikawa with his right arm, trying to get him out of the mess.

"Go, Tooru! Don't let my death be in vain!" Oikawa's eyes widened and turned around to look at Kunimi. He smiled at Tooru and his eyes filled with tears when his head-

"Tooru!" Iwaizumi's voice brought him out of shock. He grabbed Oikawa's hand and dashed through the palace, cutting down a few guards along the way.

     Iwaizumi's grip tightened around his wrist when they left the palace. He didn't know what to do. Both of them had never left the palace, never having step foot outside the region of Aoba Jousai.

Pssst!

     Iwaizumi looked to his right to see Kageyama holding a small burlap bag.

"Quickly!" He hissed through his teeth. Iwaizumi dragged the speechless Prince through the grassy plains of the palace until they reached a secluded area of trees.

"Is Prin- Oikawa doing alright?" He asked Iwaizumi. He shook his head in return.

"The shock got to him, but I'm sure he's going to be okay," they both glanced at what used to be a strong Prince, now reduced to a shaking, scared mess. Almost like an abused puppy, Iwaizumi thought. "What's in the bag?"

"Ah, it's a few portions of food and water, plus some bandages as well as another dagger for myself."

"You plan on sticking with us, Tobio?" The former knight asked, his gaze unwavering out of his love for the Prince. He wasn't sure whether it was romantic or platonic, hell he didn't even know if he was going to make it out alive today.

"Absolutely." And those were the only words Oikawa needed in order to get back on his feet.

~
Thanks for reading! The song I added is called Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day! I figured that would be a good song for how this chapter felt. Be sure to comment if you enjoyed!
~