Chapter 15

Sitting next to stinky soldiers was not Oikawa's idea for a fun day. In fact, any day where he has to sit outside and roast in the sun is not a good day. Oikawa was bored out of his mind and had no way to cure this boredom. Iwaizumi and Kageyama went for a walk around the area, and he didn't personally know any other soldiers here. He decided to walk around and possibly make conversation with anyone who seemed worthy enough.

After walking around for a few minutes, Oikawa came across two men whom he thought would make good conversation partners. Their armor showed that they came from Nekoma and were standing off to the side of the group of warriors, seemingly picking on the weaker ones.

"Well if it isn't the former Prince of Aoba Jousai," the man with black hair said. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." The man extended his hand with a slight smirk, while his friend laughed at the awkward encounter. Oikawa shook the man's hand and the latter introduced himself.

"I'm Matsukawa Issei, knight of Nekoma. This-" Matsukawa pointed towards his friend, "-is Hanamaki Takahiro." Hanamaki just nodded towards Oikawa.

"Nice to meet you, and I already know that you know me."

"Mm, 'the prince who was exiled from his kingdom because he was caught having sex with his boyfriend'- or at least that's what Kuroo said." Oikawa grimaced at the poor use of language for what happened.

"Ah- more or less, that's what happened." Matsukawa and Hanamaki decided to sit on the ground, and Oikawa decided to join them: it wasn't like he had anything better to do anyways.

"Don't you have anything better to do than sit here with a couple of losers?" Hanamaki asked.

"Not at all, Iwaizumi went out for a walk and I was left alone." Oikawa said with a huff of breath. The three men started talking about different things, like embarrassing stories about Kuroo and Iwaizumi.

"There was this one awful moment where I was just going to ask if Kuroo had proposed to Kenma yet because the topic had been brought up earlier in the week, and I walked in on the two going at it." Hanamaki cringed at the memory and Matsukawa laughed at him.

"Kuroo really needs to learn how to close and lock a door. I went for a walk in the castle at night and he left the door open a crack and-" Oikawa took a deep breath. "I was very shocked, to say the least."

Hanamaki and Matsukawa roared in laughter at Oikawa's misfortune. Eventually, even he joined in the laughter, and the men continued talking until evening. Oikawa noticed Iwaizumi and Kageyama return out of the corner of his eye. He tried waving the two men towards him, wanting to introduce his two new friends.

"Ha-ji-me!" Oikawa called out, waving to his crush/knight and to his servant. They both spotted him and walked over to where the 3 men were sitting.

"Hey Tooru, I see you finally made friends," Iwaizumi said, chuckling. "How much did he pay you two?"

Hanamaki laughed and replied, "a fortune." The three men laughed while Oikawa poured at Iwaizumi's attitude.

"Rude Hajime! I'll have you know that these two are my new best friends, and you're being replaced!"

"I never agreed to this."

"Neither did I." Kageyama just patted Oikawa on the back while the other three continuously made fun of him.

"Hey Tobio-chan, were you guys able to find any streams or something? I really need to bathe, I think those soldiers really contaminated me."

"Mm, do you want to go now? I could help you." Oikawa wanted to cringe at the choice of words the boy used, but Kageyama seemed completely innocent.

"Alright, lead the way Tobio-chan."

After a few steps into the woods, Oikawa started to feel watched. He could tell that this kingdom was serious about their security. His hair stood up on the back of his neck and he started to shake from being paranoid.

"Are we there ye-"

Oikawa was falling, falling so far and it was so dark and every part of his body hurt. His arms and legs stung where branches had tangled him and he couldn't breathe, there was no air and he was sure he was going to die. He couldn't even register Kageyama's panicked screams, all he could do was close his eyes and hope that the pain would fade away.