Chapter 14

"Excuse me, miss?" Oikawa jumped off his horse and approached a young woman who looked about 20 years old. She was carrying a fruit basket, and turned around to meet Oikawa's voice. She blushed at the man's beauty and replied with a "yes?"

"Would you mind directing me to Shiratorizawa's castle? I seem to have gotten myself a bit lost." Oikawa giggled and rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

"A bit lost is an understatement, Tooru." Iwaizumi called from a few feet away.

"Um yes, the castle is in that direction," she pointed to the east. "And from here it's about another hour."

"Thank you so much, miss!" Oikawa said, grabbing the woman's hand and planting a kiss on it. She blushed much harder now, and waved to the two boys leaving.

"You're awful." Iwaizumi said.

"Why would you say that?"

"All you do is flirt with those poor girls. You don't even give them a chance."

"Hm, is Hajime jealous?" Oikawa teased, moving his horse closer to Iwaizumi's. If Oikawa had gotten any closer, he would have noticed the red tint on the tips of Iwaizumi's ears.

"I'm not jealous, but all of the girls you've swooned probably are."

"What if I just decide to flirt with men then?"

"Just keep your shitty flirting away from me, Tooru."

"Ah! You wound me, Hajime!" Oikawa laughed and continued the 5 minute ride back to the group of men.

"Alright men, listen up!" Oikawa's loud voice yelled. "Shiratorizawa is approximately an hour away, to the east! Just hang on a bit longer, and you'll be granted food and shelter! This grueling task is almost over!" The men shouted in joy, and Oikawa went back to leading this army.

Lying really took a toll on his mental health.

---

"I wish to meet with the King of Shiratorizawa." Oikawa stated, proudly showing his princely clothing to the guards, hoping to make them trust him a bit more. Unfortunately, the guards stayed put.

"I'm sorry sir, but you have an army and have not made plans to see the king. We're afraid you cannot enter without his permission."

"We'll go and tell him that Oikawa Tooru of Aoba Jousai is here, I'm sure he'll answer to that."

"No sir, I'm sorry but the king is not taking visitors at this time." Oikawa was growing furious with this guard, and just as he was about to attack him, Iwaizumi put a hand on his shoulder.

"Any particular reason why one of you two guards aren't able to inform the king of our presence?" Iwaizumi's words had a bite to it, as if he was taking Oikawa's anger and manipulating it to fit his own mold. How sweet, Oikawa thought, but that was interrupted by the guard's words.

"We take security to the extreme here at Shiratorizawa, and if one of us were to leave, it would be a safety hazard." Both Oikawa and Iwaizumi groaned in anger. This kingdom was vital to the group's army due to the rumors about it having the best military for miles and miles.

However, this military group might make Oikawa lose his sanity.

"Look, it only takes like a minute to just quickly tell someone that we're here, correct? Just please," Oikawa clenched his fist, "please do something before this fist connects to your face."

"I'm sorry sir, but these are the laws we have to follow. If you do punch me, it declares war on your kingdom, and I'm sure you don't want that." Oikawa almost snorted because what kingdom did he have? But Iwaizumi grabbed Oikawa's clenched fist and he calmed down.

"I understand, have a good day." Oikawa mumbled, returning to his group. He hung his head low, disappointed in how this turned out. Of course he wanted more soldiers, more power to take down the corrupt government. But not even being able to approach the king made Oikawa extremely upset.

Just as Oikawa was jumping back on his horse, he heard the voices of confusion.

"Why is he back?"

"I thought we were resting here."

"I can't go any longer!"

"This Prince pisses me off."

Oikawa had enough, pulling on his horse's reins which made the horse whinny, shutting the group up.

"I understand how upset you all are," Oikawa stated, facing them. "And I am just as upset. But we can't let this get to us. All we can do is move to the next kingdom."

"Excuse me." A man raised his hand, and Oikawa let him speak.

"We haven't rested for nearly two weeks and have been given barely enough food and water to survive. I think everyone backs me up on this, but we're staying here until we receive just that." A few cheers, then many cheers rang out among the crowd. Kageyama looked confused, riding up next to Iwaizumi to ask what went wrong.

Oikawa grimaced. He couldn't provide for these soldiers, couldn't give them food or water. He was definitely one of the worst leaders in history. Just as Oikawa started to bite his lip, Iwaizumi set his hand on Oikawa's back.

"It'll be alright, Tooru."