Chapter 8

The sun shining in Oikawa's eyes was blinding. His head hurt and every part of his body ached. He couldn't breathe all that well, his arm felt like 500 pounds had been set on it the entire night, and the rest of his body felt like he had run a marathon the night before.

The last thing Oikawa wanted to hear that morning was Kuroo yelling, then barging through the door.

"Oya oya? What do we have here?" Oikawa shot up but was pulled back down due to the weight of Iwaizumi's head on his arm.

"It's not what it looks like..." Oikawa muttered, blushing. Although it really was what it looked like, Oikawa couldn't bare to admit it.

"As long as you didn't dirty the sheets, I'm fine with it." Oikawa's face flushed and he threw a pillow at Kuroo but missed completely.

"Haven't you heard of knocking, Kuroo?" Oikawa was embarrassed, so embarrassed that he would gladly go through the first depths of hell to get out of this situation. And to make the problem worse, Iwaizumi wasn't waking up, and when Oikawa tried shaking his arm away, Iwaizumi clung onto him.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone, breakfast will be ready in an hour." He started walking away, closing the door behind him, and when it finally clicked shut, Oikawa breathed in relief. Iwaizumi was a heavy sleeper for sure, being able to sleep through Kuroo's obnoxious yelling.

Oikawa started to clear his head, running through all of the things that happened yesterday. It certainly was a handful, and his mind couldn't bear that sort of weight yet this morning, so Oikawa just got ready and shook Kageyama and Iwaizumi awake for breakfast and had small chat at the breakfast table. But Oikawa couldn't get the image of Kuroo and Kenma together out of his head, which made him begin to have a headache.

Kenma brought him aside when the group was loading things into the carriage.

"What's the matter today, Oikawa?" He tried to dodge the question by stating that he had some more things to pack, but the grip on his arm stopped him from moving, and the look in Prince Kenma's eyes were fierce. Oikawa didn't even have to say anything for Prince Kenma to know.

"Iwaizumi is a good person, Oikawa. And I know he believes in you as well, so do whatever makes you happy."

That would be the last words he heard from Kenma, as he walked back into the palace.

---

"So Kuroo, is there anything we should be careful of at Fukurodani?" Iwaizumi asked. The men had been walking through the desert in silence up to this point.

"There is a super annoying guard there, he has the weirdest hair that he swears is to show his love for the kingdom, but it's really just to show off to the prince. His name is Akaashi Keiji, in case you didn't know. He's definitely a prince in looks as well as power, but he doesn't even compare to Kenma's beauty."

Oikawa was intrigued by this prince. If even Kuroo was praising him, he had to be something special.

"Surely this Prince couldn't rival my beauty, Kuroo." Oikawa taunted, making Kuroo smirk.

"He has, Oikawa," Kuroo drawled out, making sure he heard the emphasis on Oikawa's name. "He makes women and men of all ages beg at his feet because he is so gorgeous."

"Humph! That's happened to me before as well!" Oikawa proclaimed. Kuroo just shook his head and continued the ride in silence.

-----

"Yo! You look like you haven't showered in ages!" A loud voice boomed from the entrance of Fukurodani's castle. He had spiked up hair with different variations of grey. He began running towards Kuroo, waving his hand.

"And you look like a man with mental issues, but that's none of my business, Kou." Kuroo laughed and jumped off his horse, walking to meet with the strange boy. They laughed and hugged and smiled, this must have been the weird guard Kuroo had mentioned earlier.

Kuroo took Bokuto away from the crowd to discuss with him the reason for visiting so suddenly with a large amount of soldiers. Fortunately, Oikawa was accepted through the gates and the latter was able to admire his surroundings.

And boy, was he in awe when he saw the prince.