Three

Lauren walked up to Camila who was sitting at the lunch tables alone. Her back was to her and her head was looking down at something in front of her. The green eyed girl stood there for a few seconds, twirling the hanging straps of her backpack. She cleared her throat to catch Camila's attention.

"Hello." Lauren smiled at her softly. "May I sit down with you?" She asked.

"Of course you can." Camila grinned and closed the book she was reading. Lauren took off her backpack and set it on the bench. She folded her skirt under her as she sat down, cleared her throat again and folded her hands on top of the table. Lauren looked from side to side nervously. "What's up?" Lauren met Camila's eyes. She bit her lip to try and hold in what she wanted to say. "Lauren. What's wrong?"

"Are you my friend?" She let out quickly.

Camila furrowed her eyebrows. "Of course I'm your friend." She assured her, resting her hand on top of Lauren's.

Lauren groaned softly, frustrated with herself, and ran her fingers through her hair. "I didn't mean..." She started then stopped. Camila blinked at her, waiting for her to continue. "Are you," Lauren bit her lip again. "Are you more than my friend?" She asked again, playing with her fingers.

"What are you asking?" Camila asked carefully, squinting her eyes slightly.

"Are you my girlfriend?" Lauren stressed.

Camila smiled at the girl who crossed her arms and waited for her answer. "Are you asking me to be?" Lauren shrugged nervously and looked around the room. "Do you want me to be?" She asked slowly to which Lauren shrugged again, this time with a small smile.

"I would like you to be, yes." She confirmed. "Do you want to? I mean, is that okay?" Lauren asked, shifting in her spot. Just as Camila was about to respond, Lauren continued. "We've already been going on dates for a couple months now and we've kissed before." She blushed slightly. "I just don't know what to classify us as and-"

"I would love to be your girlfriend." Camila told her with a smile, sensing her nervousness and putting her out of her misery by answering.

Lauren held her breath. "R-really? That's okay?" She asked again, exhaling loudly.

"Of course it's okay." Camila smiled, lacing their fingers together.

Lauren looked down at their hands. "I just wanted to make sure." She blushed. Camila grinned and stood up, leaning over the table to kiss her girlfriend softly. "Um, so now that you're my girlfriend," She started then stopped for the second time. "Well, you know how I didn't quite know how to act with you at first because I don't particularly have any friends?" Camila nodded sadly. "I've never been in a relationship either so I'm going to need some help with what to do." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"Okay." Camila smiled. "I don't think there's going to be much of a difference. Still dates, still kisses." She speaks. Lauren chews on her bottom lip, fighting a smile. Camila notices. "What?" She curls the corner of her mouth upwards.

"You're my girlfriend." She grins. Camila reaches over to pinch her warm cheeks. Lauren looks down at her watch to check the time. The bell was going to ring in eight minutes. "Can I walk you to class?" She asks.

"Sure." Camila smiles and collects her things. Lauren waits for her at her side. As soon as the girl stands up, Lauren extends her arm so they can link their limbs together.

The two walk down the hall happily. Camila had a giant grin on her face that would not go away and Lauren was dragging her teeth against her bottom lip from side to side, trying to hide how giddy she was. If she didn't, she'd be bouncing off the walls and screeching excitedly.