Seventeen

Lauren was laying on her stomach with her arms wrapped around her pillow and the sheet up to the middle of her back. She was still half asleep, breathing steadily. The green eyed girl was in that period of sleep where you can tell what's going on around you but you don't want to really get up yet.

Just as she was about to curl up into her girlfriend's body, she felt something wet against her neck. Licking, she soon realized. That sure woke up her up. Lauren let out a giggle at the slow sensation. "Camz." She crinkled her nose, still not opening her eyes. There was no response, just more slow licking against her neck which was starting to tickle. "Baby." She called again letting out another giggle.

After another few moments of bliss, Lauren decided to turn over and look at her lover. To her surprise, it was Scruff behind her instead. She let out a little scream and jumped back, holding the sheet to her body. She didn't want her puppy baby seeing her naked.

"You're not my girlfriend." Lauren crinkled her nose and wiped her neck. "Only Camz can lick there." Then she looked around the bed and realized she was alone. She hummed and laid back down, picking up Scruff and setting him on her stomach after tucking the sheet under her armpits. "Where is your other mommy?" She asked. "I haven't seen her since last night. Do you know where she ran off to?" Lauren asked, talking in a cute and tiny voice which she frequently does with the small animal.

Scruff laid down on top of Lauren and licked her nose once. Lauren craned her neck to see if the bathroom door was closed or if the light was on or anything, but Camila was nowhere to be found. In their room, at least.

With a sigh, Lauren looked back at Scruff. "Would you like to go and find Mommy for me?" She asked. Scruff's ears twitched at the name and started wagging is tail. "Go on, Scruff. Go find Mommy and bring her back to me. Tell her she'll be showered with kisses when she's here." She instructed him.

The puppy jumped off of the bed excitedly and ran out the door. Lauren watched for a few seconds, wondering if he actually knew what she was talking about. When Camila didn't walk in, she rested back on her pillow and folded her arms behind her head.

After another couple of minutes without Camila, she reached for her phone, too lazy to get out of bed. It was a rather gloomy Saturday which was making her want to stay in bed and cuddle all day. "Where's my favorite girl? :(" Lauren typed out and sent to Camila.

"She's at the store with Dinah, sweet pea." Camila responded after a few seconds. Lauren frowned but didn't respond because she saw Camila typing. "Someone over slept this morning." Said the second message. Lauren looked up to check the time. It was almost ten thirty, an hour after the time they usually all left for the weekly grocery shop. "We'll be home soon, love. Keep the bed warm, I have a surprise for you ;)" Camila added.

Lauren grinned. "May I have a hint?" She sent.

"Sorry baby no hints." Camila replied instantly. Just as Lauren began to type, a pout on her face, Camila sent another message. "Okay one hint because I feel bad for leaving you home." Lauren waited for another message but nothing came. She furrowed her eyebrows and tapped the screen, thinking it froze or something. Then a picture came in.

Lauren tapped again, waiting for the image to load. Not wanting to give too much away, Camila took a really zoomed in picture. Lauren couldn't figure out what it even was. "What is that?" She replied.

"You might be able to figure it out by the time we get home." Camila sent back with a monkey emoji. "We're pulling out of the parking lot right now, Bug. Should be home in five. I love you." Lauren received soon after.

With a smile, Lauren sent back "I love you too." And pressed her head further into the pillows, closing her eyes for a moment. She could wait another five minutes. With a grunt, Lauren sat up, combed her hair to the side a bit, (smiling when she remembered how short it was, she still wasn't used to it even after a week) and threw the covers off.