Five

"Are you ready, Camz?" Lauren called. The girl was sitting on her bed with her legs hanging off the side and her arms stretched out behind her while waiting for her girlfriend to finish changing.

"I think so." Camila called from inside the bathroom. "But I look silly." She said, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

Lauren crinkles her nose. "Why would you look silly?" The younger girl stayed quiet. "Come show me." Lauren called through the door. Inside the bathroom, Camila took a deep breath, opened the door and slowly walked into the light of her girlfriends' bedroom. Lauren stood up and walked over to her. "You don't look silly, Camz." She placed her hand on her cheek. "You look beautiful."

"I look like a huge dork with these floaties." Camila moved her arms up and down.

"Well I don't know why you insisted on putting them on." Lauren spoke softly. "You don't even need them." She tugged them down her arms and tossed them on her bed.

Camila bit her lip. "But what if I sink?"

"You're not going to sink, Camz." Lauren giggled. "Not unless you had weights tied around your ankles. I know you won't, but if you do sink, I'll be sure to swim to the bottom of the pool and rescue you." She promised. Camila sighed. "Come on, you big chicken. I know CPR. If you start to drown I can give you mouth to mouth." Lauren smiles charmingly.

The younger girls' lips curled upwards. "Fine." She sighs. "But I better get mouth to mouth no matter if I drown or swim." Camila argues.

"Well I don't see why you would need me to blow air into your mouth for any other reason." Lauren says jokingly. Camila gives her a look. "Okay, okay, I'll kiss you. But only because you're letting me teach you how to swim."

Camila smiled and pulls her girlfriend over by her hips. She places her hand on her bare lower back and cups her cheek with her other hand. "I'm cashing in my kiss now." She told her, waiting for Lauren to make the next move. Lauren hummed and pressed their noses together before placing a soft kiss on her girlfriends' lips.

"Would you like to swim now or do you want more kisses?" She asks, rubbing Camila's sides.

"We can swim now." Camila smiled and rushed forwards, gripping Lauren's thighs and then lifting her up. "If I get to carry you." She added. Lauren nodded and smiled, wrapped her arms around her girlfriends' neck, and let her carry her out of her room, down the stairs and outside. Camila's heart swelled each time Lauren would giggle (which she did the entire trip).

As Camila walked - specifically down the couple steps in the living room - Lauren absolutely lost it for some reason and threw her head back in laughter, causing the younger girl to almost drop her. "Careful!" Lauren said after a squeal. Camila chuckled in response and successfully made it outside. After being set down, Lauren walked over to the mini bar her family had outside and fixed her and Camila something to drink. "I got you an orange soda." She said before handing over the white cup with a pink umbrella in it.

"Thanks, babe." Camila smiled and took a sip.

"You are very welcome... babe." Lauren replied, using the same nickname as her girlfriend. Camila smiled from behind her cup and drank down some more of the liquid. "Did I use that correctly?" She said after another few seconds. Camila nodded, still sporting the same smile on her face. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She questioned.

Camila pulled the cup away from her lips. "Because you're cute." She answered. "And I don't think you've ever called me babe before."

"I've wanted to; I just didn't know if it was okay." Lauren shrugged slightly, a light blush on her cheeks. "I don't really know things..." She trails off.