Nineteen

Camila woke up in bed, toasty warm and happy. She snuggled up to what she assumed was her girlfriend, squeezing her close and taking a deep breath in. The girl could smell Lauren's sweet perfume, making her relax and sigh contently. Camila hummed sleepily and tried to snuggle closer.

Upon realizing Lauren felt a little more squishy than usual, Camila opened her eyes. She rubbed her face until she could see clearly and looked down at what she was cuddling up to. In Lauren's place was the decorative body pillow they used while making the bed.

Camila laid back in her place, slightly disappointed she wasn't in her girlfriend's arms. She turned on her side, her back to the body pillow, and faced the rest of the room. She was thankful the blinds were closed, blocking out the early afternoon sun.

Today was Thanksgiving. The first Thanksgiving Lauren has spent away from her parents... ever. Camila frowned, knowing how sad the girl was to be away from them. She wanted it to be a really fun day for her girlfriend. Holidays were supposed to be happy.

Too lazy to get out of bed, Camila took a deep breath once again. "Baaaabe?" She called out loudly.

You could hear fast footsteps running across the floor and then the bedroom door opened. Lauren, with a cute little daisy apron and her hair pulled up into a ponytail stood in the doorway, a goofy smile on her face. "Good morning, my love." She greeted.

Camila smiled, glad to see her cheery girlfriend. "Good morning, love bug." She opened her arms. "You seem happy today." Camila commented, watching the girl get closer.

Lauren crawled on her knees across the mattress, carefully resting her body on top of Camila's. "Well it is Thanksgiving. I decided to get in the spirit and start feeling thankful for what I do have and not focus on what I don't have at the moment." She explained.

"That's a good attitude to have." Camila said, running her fingers through Lauren's ponytail. "Are you cooking?" She asked, nodding at the apron.

Lauren hummed. "Cooking and baking. We need a good spread for dinner tonight, I needed to start early." She explained, closing her eyes at the feeling of Camila playing with her hair. "You like garlic bread, correct?"

"Hell. Fucking. Yes." Camila replied, making Lauren giggle. "I hope you're making a lot."

"How does three boxes sound?" Lauren asked with a grin, opening her eyes to watch her girlfriend's reaction. Camila's eyes widened in surprise and she made a devilish smile. "I'm going to take that as a good sign."

Instead of responding verbally, Camila pushed Lauren's head closer and place soft kisses all over her forehead and cheeks. "I love you." She spoke, squeezing her tight.

"I love you too, sweetness." Lauren kept a big smile on her face as she allowed the younger girl to shower her in kisses. "Thank you for the love." She snaked her arms around her neck. After laying silently with each other's arms wrapped around their bodies for a few minutes, Lauren sighed and sat up. "I should get back to the kitchen." She said. "Breakfast is sitting on the stove for you when you're ready. Unless you want me to come bring it to you..?" Lauren questioned.

"That's okay, love." Camila rubbed her thumb across her cheek. "I'll get my lazy ass out of bed and come to the kitchen so I can keep you company." She smiled. Lauren placed her hand on top of Camila's for a moment before sitting up and getting out of bed. Camila let out sleepy noises as she stretched her arms above her head. "Is Dinah awake yet?"

Lauren straightened out her apron. "No, not quite yet. I went to go check on her a little while ago and she said she was sleepy and knocked out before I could even walk away. I believe she's still tired from the gym yesterday."