Epilogue Part Three

On the nice, quiet morning of April 15th, Camila and Lauren were snuggled up together under the warmth of their big, fluffy comforter. They had their warm bodies pressed (tangled) together like always, and all three small pups curled up at the foot of their bed. Birds perched on the telephone poles outside chirped happily away, the only sound you could hear on the early Saturday morning.

At seven o'clock on the dot, Lauren's alarm song (some cheerful pre-programmed tune on her phone) started playing. The couple's eyes opened which they blinked and rubbed so they were no longer blurry. When everything came into focus and the girls were now looking at each other, they smiled. Really, they grinned. They grinned wider than they ever have before. They were getting married today.

"Hello, good morning." Lauren whispered.

"Hello, good morning." Camila repeated, reaching up to push some stray hair out of Lauren's eyes. "Guess what."

"What?" Lauren questions, though she has a pretty good feeling what her lover is going to say.

Glancing down at their feet to make sure none of the dogs are in the way, Camila rests on her elbow and jumps on top of Lauren. "We're getting married today!" She yells into the big room, throwing her arms up into the air. "I'm going to marry the girl of my dreams! I'm going to be permanently off the market! I'm going to have a wife! I'm going to be a wife!" She exclaims, bouncing up and down on Lauren's waist.

Lauren made excited fists as her heart fluttered happily, overcome with joy at the fact it was her wedding day. "You're going to be MY wife." She grinned impossibly wider.

"I'm going to be your wife." Camila repeats, bending down and bringing their lips together with a hum of pleasure. Lauren gasps suddenly, breaking the kiss. "What?" Camila questions worriedly.

"What are our last names going to be?" Lauren asks, eyes wide. How could this not have come up earlier?

The brown eyed girl relaxed then smiled. "Oh..." She looks up in thought. "Well, I mean, I'll gladly take Jauregui." Camila smiles goofily. Lauren crinkles her nose, smiling slightly. "Don't you want to continue the Jauregui legacy?" She asks, placing her hands on Lauren where her shoulders meet her neck.

"Yes, I think it's," Lauren shakes her head and exhales. "Amazing that you want to take my last name but... I've always wanted to take yours." She laughs breathily.

"Really?" Camila asks. Lauren nods shyly. "Oh my god," She drags out. "You love me or something?"

Lauren giggles and cups Camila's cheeks. "I love you so much."

"Well... I suppose we can hyphenate our last names. Jauregui-Cabello." Camila nods.

"Alphabetical Order would look better." Lauren informs politely.

"Cabello-Jauregui." Camila corrects. Lauren grins and nods eagerly. "Camila Cabello-Jauregui." She tests out. "Lauren Cabello-Jauregui. Camila and Lauren Cabello-Jauregui. Lauren and Camila Cabello-Jauregui. The Cabello-Jauregui's. Mrs. and Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui."

Lauren's heartbeat thumps harder and faster each time her fiancée says their names. "I love it." She breathes.

"Me too." Camila grins. Then after a moment, she closes her eyes, makes excited fists like Lauren and just squeals. She cups Lauren's cheeks so she has fish lips. "I'm gunna be your wife!"

"'M ga be ya wife." Lauren repeats. Camila then kisses her lips repeatedly before letting go of her cheeks. She sighs contently and throws herself back onto her pillow. Lauren turns on her side to face the younger woman. "This is our last day of being... not-wives."