Sixteen

Lauren hummed happily as she walked into the apartment with Scruff. She shut and locked the door behind her and kicked off her shoes. Scruff was wiggling hit butt in circles, waiting for Lauren to take off his leash and give him a treat. The green eyed girl bent down, unhooked the leash and scratched behind the puppy's ears for a moment before moving into the kitchen.

Scruff followed behind his owner happily, taking a seat on the tile by her feet, his tail wagging behind him. "Here you go, Scruff." Lauren said in a cute little voice, placing the tiny bone biscuit in front of him. Once she made sure her furry baby was occupied she walked over to the sink and washed her hands.

Camila walked into kitchen as Lauren was drying her hands. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and yawned. "'Morning, Bug." She greeted with a soft smile. Lauren hummed happily at the sight of her girlfriend and walked over to her.

"Good morning, sweetness." She replied, cupping her cheek before tipping her back and kissing her passionately. Camila's eyes widened and her grabbed onto her girlfriends' shoulders so she wouldn't fall. When she was confident Lauren had her, she relaxed into to kiss, opening her mouth slightly.

When Lauren picked her back up, Camila was wide awake. "Wow." She commented, her eyes wide. "That was a nice greeting." She chuckled.

Lauren pecked her lips quickly, still smiling. "I was just about to start on breakfast." She told her. "I hope you're in the mood for waffles." She said, leading her over to the bar stool so she can sit down. "Would you like some eggs and fruit too?"

"You know me too well." Camila smiled and rested her head in her hand. The brunette watched her girlfriend work around the kitchen for a few minutes, taking note of the way she was happily humming to herself. She could tell there was something making her EXTRA happy this morning.

Camila didn't say anything just yet. She wasn't going to until she could have Lauren's undivided attention. "Dinah is at the gym if you were wondering." Lauren broke the silence, looking over her shoulder for moment to make sure Camila was still there before turning back to the stove.

"This early?" Camila raises an eyebrow.

"She said she needs to start conditioning for whatever sport team she's joining next." Lauren explained. "After the gym she's going to get a bunch of paper work done with some people, get a physical, and possibly meet her coach if everything works out." She recited what the younger girl told her earlier. "She has class until three, as well. A full plate it seems."

Camila hummed. "So we're going to be alone for a few hours..." She says, picking up on the reasoning behind Lauren happiness.

"Yes." Lauren grinned and turned around, carrying a couple empty plates over to the island. "However, I'm not excited for the reason you're most likely thinking." She looked into Camila's soft brown eyes and curled the side of her mouth up.

"Tell me what you're thinkin', baby girl." Camila leaned forward.

Lauren tried fighting her smile for a few moments but gave up soon after, allowing her teeth to show and cheeks to push up into her eyes. "I'm taking you on a date!" She told Camila proudly.

"Aww." Camila cooed and cupped her cheeks. The couple rarely went on dates. They were with each other almost 24/7 and were always being romantic and lovey so they didn't need them, in their opinions. But it was nice to get out every once in a while to do something that they didn't normally do. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"An aquarium." Lauren spoke as Camila squeezed her cheeks between her thumb and index finger. "If that's okay." She added quickly.

Camila pulled her face forward and placed a kiss on her forehead. "That sounds perfect." She assured her.