Eleven

A couple of months later, Dinah, Camila and Lauren were sitting down at their usual lunch table in the middle of the lower commons. Lauren held her girlfriends' hand on top of the table, rubbing the side of her finger with her thumb. The school year was quickly coming to an end and the girls were talking about what they wanted to do after graduation.

Dinah smacks her hand against the top of the table. "We should visit every state in the U.S." She says. Just the three of us and a big bus." She explains, looking between the two. "Huh? Huh?"

"Dinah, you should go to college. You got offered, like, ten different scholarships. Full ride, I might add." Camila reminds her. "You can make it so far with all of your sports experience. You shouldn't waste your time doing things we could do when we're older. Besides, it would be a bunch of money..." She trails off.

The tallest hums. "That's true. Maybe after college..." Dinah pauses. "What are you going to do, Mila? You haven't said much about life after high school."

"I dunno..." She runs her fingers through her hair. "I don't really want to go to college or anything. I guess I'll just," Camila lets out a breath, trying to think or something. "I don't know." She finishes, not knowing what she could possibly do with no job and no money.

Lauren chews her grape slowly as she thought. "I don't know what I want to do either. I still feel so young, like I shouldn't be going to college yet." She giggles quietly. "And I don't really know what I want to be. I feel like it would be a waste to go to college and take classes I might not even be interested in."

"That's true." Dinah snaps her finger at Lauren. "That's very true."

"At least you have a steady sports career you can rely on." Camila chuckles. "You don't really have to worry about anything else."

Dinah makes an indifferent noise. "I mean, there's still a lot I DO have to worry about. I don't want to live at whatever college I pick because I find that really weird, so I'm going to need to rent an apartment or something... I need a job to pay for that apartment." She lists.

"Everything seems so complicated." Camila sighs.

Lauren smiles. "We can figure things out together though, right?" She looks between the two. "We can all work together and go through life together. It'll be great." She insists. Camila grins and kisses her cheek. Just as Lauren is about to face her for a proper kiss, her watch beeps, indicating the time for class.

The tallest stands up. Once she realized she was excelling in sports over art, she switched her classes. Instead of going to art with her two best friends, she had to go out on the field or to the weight room for her next period. "I'll see you guys later." Dinah excuses herself, not wanting to be there for when they start making out. "Have fun in class, losers." She picks up her binder and walks away from the table.

"Have fun exercising!" Camila calls to her before turning back to the girl beside her. "May I escort you to class, my lady?" She asks, lifting up her arm for Lauren to link their limbs together.

Lauren smiles. "You can in a little while. Our class is a few feet away and I was just about to kiss you. May I escort my lips to your lips?" She asks then furrows her eyebrows, not knowing if that made sense.

"You may." Camila grins and cups her cheek, leaning in and closing her eyes. Lauren admires her features for a moment before closing her own eyes and meeting her the rest of the way. "You taste like grapes." The younger girl whispers and pulls her back in.

Lauren smiled before rapidly pecking Camila's lips with her own. "A million more to come." She promises. "We better get to class. I have yet to finish my assignment and I want to work on it for as long as I can." She speaks while packing up her things.