Aris #1

Set- The Scorch Trials. The lunch area.
Mia's P.O.V.
"....And last Joseph." Janson says and everyone sighs.
"Don't worry there will be more tomorrow." He says and walks out with the kids he called. I was sitting with my best friend Aris.
"Where do you think they go Aris?" I whisper ask him.
"I don't know. I just hope neither of us get picked one day. I can't loose you Mia. I can't loose you like I did with Rachel." He says grabbing my hand.
"You won't Aris. I promise." I say.
×××××××××
I am walking back to my room, when one of the guards grab me.
"Now don't say a word." He says in my ear. I nod. He takes me to Janson's office and I sit infront of him.
"Well Amelia. We heard you talking with your friend Aris today." He says.
"Yes and?" I ask.
"So you two are planning to escape?" Shit.
"Well Amelia we can't let that happen. So you stay here while I get something." He says and walks out. No guards in the room. I look up and see a vent. I climb on the table and pull the vent cover off and get in. I close it just in time. I crawl through the vents when I bump into someone. "Mia what are you doing in here?" Aris says.
"Where could have she gone?" Janson's voice says from the floor below us.
"Mia?" Aris whispers. Then footsteps walking toward the vent cover. He grabs my hand and he pulls me away from the vent cover.
"What ever happens to me Aris, I love you." I whisper.
"Mia. What's going on?" He asks me.
"They heard us Aris."
"About escaping?" I nod.
"Shit. Mia we need to get out of here."
"How?"
"Follow me." I follow him as we crawl through the vent. We reach another vent cover. He pulls it off and jumps down. I jump down and hurt my ankle.
"Shit, Aris my ankle." I whisper.
"Get on my back." he whispers back.
"I'll just slow you down Aris. Just leave me here."
"Mia you won't promise me. We have to meet up with the other gladers. Fast." I nod and get on his back. He runs down the halls. When we reach the gladers from another maze. He puts me down for a minute.
"And where do you think you guys are going?" A voice says from behind us. Janson.
"Guys stay behind me." Thomas says. He shoots the gun at them as Aris gets the door open. Minho and Newt help me to the other side. Thomas slides under the door. We run outside. Sand everywhere. Aris puts me on his back as we run through the Scorch. There was no turning back now...