Jacob- Worry

Lauren's P.O.V.

It was the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep. I stare into the dark void of the room. Jacob wasn't home yet. Which worried me. It was 2am. He should've been home by now. I sit up. My eyes tear up. I can't take this stress anymore. I pick up my phone and dial Jacob's number. It rang but no answer. I put my phone down and take a deep breath. I slip my slippers on and walk downstairs.

The air was cold in our New York apartment. I run my hands up and down my bare arms. Me in a tank top and pajama pants. I sit on the couch. I felt panic rising in my stomache. I pick up my phone and dial my best friend Kat. She was staying in a hotel room across the street from my apartment. She answers right after the second ring.

"Hello?" Her voice rings through the phone.
"Kat I'm scared. Jacob isn't home yet. What if something happened to him." I say tears threatening to spill.
"Lauren take a deep breath. I'll be right there. Just give me a minute." She replies. I nod even though she couldn't see. We hang up. I run my hand through my hair. A few minutes pass and there's a knock at my door. I open it. Kat emerges and pulls me into a hug. She closes the door and we sit down.

She holds me close and I cry. I have a problem when it comes to Jacob being out this late. She rubs my back. Whispering "it's okay" in my ear. Time passes and the front door opens. We look up. Jacob walks in. I jump up from the couch and jump into his arms. He holds me as tight as he can.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He repeats. He kisses me and wipes the tears running down my face. He puts me down. I turn to Kat.

"Thank you Kat for keeping me calm." I say to her. She gives me a hug.

"Your welcome. I'll see you Tomorrow." She says and leaves. Jacob pulls me in a hug again.

"I would've called. My phone died." He says. I kiss him.

"Don't worry. Just don't do that again." I say. He nods and carries me upstairs. We lay down facing eachother. He kisses me and I put my head on his chest. He leans his chin on my head. I smile, knowing now that he was here and safe.
×
[ Gotta Blast !]