All Nico's Company

"NIIICOOOO!" Nico jumped awake as someone burst into his cabin. After Will left, Nico had passed out on his bed, glad to sleep in his own cabin again.

"What?!" Katie stood at the door, breathing heavily with her eyes trained on the floor. Nico swung his legs off the bed and stepped up to her.

"N-Nic-co." Katie gasped. She looked up to Nico with tears streaming down her face. Nico hid his surprise and guided Katie to his bunk bed, kicking the door shut with his heel. He sat down next to Katie, who was hugging herself and staring at the floor. What do I do? What do I do? Nico panicked. What would Will do?

"Um, What's wrong?" Nico asked hesitantly as he scooted closer and patted Katie's back awkwardly. Katie didn't answer for a while, tears trekking down her face silently. She suddenly looked at him sharply. "Is it true?"

 Nico stopped patting her back and cocked his head to the side slightly. "Is what true?" Katie searched Nico's confused face for a moment more before swallowing.

"That you don't mind the fangirling? That it makes you feel loved?" Nico internally cursed Will for saying exactly what he told him.

Nico's answer came out like a question. "Uh, yeah?" 

Katie squealed happily, making Nico's ears bleed. "I knew it! Yay! Oh Nico you don't know what is was like to hear from Will that you don't actually hate me because I fangirled over Solangelo!"

"Will Never said I-"

"And when Will said how the fangirling made you feel, gods I was so happy I started crying! Can you believe that?"

"Well actually you still have tears-"

"But then I didn't know if I could believe what Will said, since he had said the exact opposite an hour beforehand and I wasn't sure whether or not it was all part of his apology. So that's why I had to come find you, but then I couldn't find you because you weren't in the infirmary, or by the lake, or at the beach, or in the Big House, or in the dining pavilion, or the stables, or the strawberry fields, or the archery range, or the battle arena, and I was worried that maybe you went into the forest again, but then Conner said he saw you and Will heading toward the cabins a while ago, and you weren't in the Apollo cabin, so I thought you must have been here!"

"So you came here to-"

"Oh and you should have heard Will! He thought I would never forgive him or something! I mean, of course I would forgive him, he's my brother! But apparently he had been searching for me for an hour to apologize, which was so super sweet of him! Oh and-"

"KATIE!" Nico yelled, exasperated. Katie shut her mouth and looked Nico in the eye. Nico took a deep breath and looked at Katie. He gave her a small smile, (The best he could do) and leaned forward and wiped the tear tracks still on Katie's cheeks. She stilled and let him wipe them all away. "There. Now you look more like the Katie I know."

Katie's eyes widened before the smile Nico was used to bloomed over her face once again. She tackled him in a hug and Nico fell onto his back, but Katie just squeezed him tighter. Surrendering, Nico slid his arms around Katie.

"How come whenever I walk in on you guys you're doing something intimate?"  Will's voice rang through the silence. Katie jumped off Nico and the both of them looked at the door to see Will slightly smiling. Nico felt his cheeks flush.

"I-It wasn't like that." Nico grumbled.

"I am offended that you would assume that I, Commander Katie of the Solangelo Movement, could even think about coming in between Solangelo!" Katie fumed. 

"Plus there's me, too." Travis came in from behind Will, followed by Conner. Travis sat down next to Katie and pulled her into him protectively, shooting Nico a look. Nico just face palmed. "It wasn't like that!"

"Oh we know." Conner said, leaning up against the door.

"But you're so cute when you turn all red." Will cooed as he sat next to Nico and pulled him into his lap, against Nico's protests and attempts to squirm free. Nico's cheeks flared up even more.

"I am not." Nico mumbled, finally giving up escaping will's grasp and collapsed into his arms. Nico could almost feel Will's pride in the fact that Nico surrendered.

"You really are." Katie said cheekily. Everyone burst out laughing, except Nico, who just pouted in Will's arms, secretly enjoying the feeling of Will's vibrating chest on his back. When everyone calmed down, Conner examined the couples sitting on Nico's bed.

"Schist, I really need to get a girlfriend."

"You've been seriously third wheeled here, man." Travis teased.

"Not even. He's been fifth wheeled." Katie giggled.

"Yeah Conner, you're basically the spare tire stuffed in the trunk." Nico commented. Everyone stared at Nico for a moment, in slight shock that Nico made a joke. "Hey, I can be funny when I want to." Everyone started laughing again. This time, Nico did too.