Finally

***TIME LAPSE-Nico and Will sat talking for hours and it's now after curfew and dark outside.***

"I'm starting to think you ARE an outcast and no one wants to be around you." Will said Looking at the empty infirmary beds. He turned his head back to Nico, smiling. "Then why are you here, Solace?" Nico was honestly hurt by the idiot's statement, and tried to keep hurt out of his voice, but guessing from the look on Will's face, he didn't do to well. "Oh sunshine, I was joking. Come on Nico. Eight people sat here all day waiting for you to wake up. Everyone was devastated when they saw you. People care about you. A lot of people."
"Yeah well, I only care if one person cares." Nico mumbled.
"And who might that be, baby Hades."
"Baby Hades? You are just getting lazy."
"Don't change the subject. Now tell me."
"Why do you care?"
"Why won't you answer?"
"SHUT UP SOLACE!" Nico suddenly didn't want to hang out alone with Will. This boy was getting on his nerves. The fact that he knew Nico didn't want to talk anymore but pushed anyways proved to Nico that Will knew something was up.
"Nico. You can tell me. I'm your friend."
"Well maybe I don't want you as a friend!"
"Oh come on, Nico. Please don't snap-"
"You don't want me to snap at you!? To late sunshine! All you do is annoy me, and push me, and you drive me crazy! And guess what? I DON'T want want you as a friend!"
Will stared at Nico, his shock turned into hurt. Nico regretted his words and attempted to apologize, but his mouth wouldn't work. He watched helplessly as Will stood up with his head hanging. "I will go find another Apollo kid to take the night shift or maybe Katie, she's your friend right?"
Will reached the door, and stopped to look at Nico, still tucked in bed, not moving to stop Will, even though he desperately wanted to. He stepped into the darkness.
*****
Nico's senses snapped back into action. He ripped off the covers and took off after Will. He wasn't going to loose him again. Even if he would be eaten by harpies.
Nico turned around in a circle looking for Will, just as he had the night before. A shadow moved on Nico's right. Nico charged after it. As he caught up to it, he jumped and tackled it. Him and the figure rolled on the ground until Nico was on top and had his knees on either side of the figure's hips and its hands pinned above its head. A warm yellow glow surrounded the figure.
"I wasn't finished. And a patient can't be left alone in the infirmary." An angelic voice sighed. "Fine. But get off of me, doctor's orders. And no more snapping at me, also doctor's orders. Let's go back to the infirmary, also doc-"
"Doctor's orders, I know." Nico got up and offered his hand to Will, not sure if he could even see it in the dark. Will took it and Nico's new favourite feeling pulsed through him. Will took his hand out of Nico's. They walked back to the infirmary.
*****
Will sat at his spot on the foot of Nico's bed while Nico sat up cross legged. They stared at each other in silence.
"You said you weren't finished? Cause if you are, I can go away."
"No, stay. Nico's orders." Nico took a deep sigh and didn't say anything. His mouth stopped working again. "I'm waiting." Will teased, but Nico still couldn't talk. "Look, I know you said you weren't finished, but if you don't start talking, I'm going to assume you are."
Nico opened his mouth, but nothing came out.
"Ugh! Fine. You are back in the infirmary. Happy? Cause I'm not. I'm already exhausted from the healing it took to save your sorry ass, and I was up all night last night thinking of you, plus after taking the night shift before, and when I did come to see you, I found you hugging Katie! Then you stupidly ran out into the dark, where you almost died, first from almost being eaten by harpies, HARPIES! Then you gave me a heart attack as your body was turning into shadows and there was nothing I could do about it! And while you could barely keep your eyes open, you said there was no place you'd rather be than with me! Do you know how much pain you put me through, everyday? Knowing that you could never, ever like a guy like me? How you just push me away, even though I try to tell you, and show you that you mean the world to me?!" Will sucked in a breath, realizing what he had said. Nico just stared at Will, like an idiot, in shock. After a moment of silence, Will frustratedly stood up. "I don't know why I try. I'm sorry for dumping that on you, Nico. I just ruined our friendship. I... I'm sorry." He turned away from Nico to walk out.
"Don't you dare walk out on me again Solace. Don't. You. Dare." Nico's voice scared himself. He continued without even thinking. "If you walk out that door, I will go after you. Like I did right now, and like I did last night, and like I will do no matter how many times I have to. You left before I could explain. I hugged Katie because she hugged me and I had helped her with a problem. She is my honorary sister. It was a sister brother hug. Then you left again before I could explain. You annoy me with your adorable and perfect smile. You push me because you know me and when something is bugging me. You drive me crazy because every time we touch I feel a warm, comforting feeling and a giddiness of joy. I overflow with a giddy feeling. Me." Nico felt an enormous weight lift off of him. That's the first time he had said anything like that, even to himself. Will's jaw dropped. "I... I..." Will started. He plopped down on the bed. "I..."
"I'm still not finished Solace. I also don't want to be your friend."
"What? Wha... I... I... Don't... Understand."
"Gods, and you call me dumb." Nico sassed, feeling himself a little more. "I want to be more than friends." Nico realized what he had just said. Did he just tell Will he liked him?
After a moment's hesitation, Will crawled over to sit face to face with Nico. They were inches apart. Will suddenly grabbed Nico's shirt and pulled him in. Nico was shocked as lips locked. But he melted into the kiss and wrapped his arms around Will's neck. One of Will's hands unclenched Nico's shirt and wrapped around Nico's waist, pulling him closer. Nico was happier than he had ever been in his life, even when he was with Bianca. So naturally, Nico pushed away. He gasped for air, realizing he was out of breath. Will was also of out breath, his face a mix of confusion, worry, and joy. Nico guessed his was the same.
"Did that... Just happen?" Nico asked. Will nodded. "Okay. Just making sure I didn't make that up in my head." Nico said nervously. Will nodded again. "Alright, um... Good night I guess?" Will just nodded.
"Good night, Nico?" Will asked. It was Nico's turn to nodd. "Okay. You need to rest, and stuff." Will got up and did a few laps around the infirmary, running his hand through his hair. Nico flopped onto his pillow, then sat up again. "Do you want to join me?" Nico said. Will stopped pacing and nodded. Nico scooted over and made room for Will. Will hesitantly lay down beside Nico. "Can you hold my hand again?" Nico asked. "What do you-oh. Hehe, you weren't asleep that first night..."
"Why does everyone always assume I'm sleeping?" They both laughed. The last thing Nico remembered was falling asleep to Will's heartbeat.