Did I Just Get Ditched?

*****AUTHORS NOTE:***** Thanks to @yoanvi1812 for suggesting an idea for this chapter! You are FANTABULICIOUS.

*****

Thanks to the extreme strangeness of what Chiron did, shooing away Will, Nico got stuck with some Apollo kid that wouldn't even talk to Nico, just kept his nose in a book. Nico could respect that to an extent, but the boy barely gave Nico a second glance from when he first came into the infirmary. He was a short boy with blond hair and glasses, and he kinda looked like Jason while reading his book, but if you actually looked at his face, it was nothing like Jason.
Nico guessed the boy was kind of cute, as far as his looks go. But the way he acted was a total turn off. Besides, Nico had Will.
Nico missed Will from the minute he was pushed out the door. He might as well have been by himself, since the other boy was huddled in a corner ignoring him completely. Nico didn't even want to try to talk to him.
Nico was starting to wonder what Will might be doing, when a very bouncy girl with long hair and mocha coloured skin bounced into the infirmary. The boy snapped to attention as Piper approached Nico.
"Excuse me, I don't think you supposed to be in here." Said the boy. Piper continued to Nico smiling, ignoring the boy until she got to Nico's bedside. She turned and locked eyes with the boy.
"I'm visiting a friend. Isn't that allowed?"
"Well, uh, I guess. But the patient isn't usually allowed to have visitors unless the head councillor of the Apollo cabin approves."
"Will? Oh trust me, Will would be fine with me stopping by to say hi to Nico. Could you give us a minute? Or half an hour?" The last two sentences flowed with charm speak, so much that Nico wanted to stand up and disappear for exactly half an hour.
"Totally! I'll be back soon." And with that, the boy turned and walked out. Nico stared at Piper.
"What was that all about?" Nico watched Piper as she smiled mischievously. A pang of sadness hit Nico, thinking of how proud Leo would be to see that look on her face.
"No time Death Breath! Come on! He won't get very far before he realizes that he doesn't really want to disappear for half and hour! let's go!" She grabbed Nico's hand and pulled him out of bed before he could pull away. Piper kept a tight grip on Nico's hand as she pulled him out the infirmary and towards the forest.
*****
"Can you at least tell be where we are going?" Nico asked as they broke through the tree line. Piper still gripped Nico's hand as they sprinted, and Nico noticed to things; he was thankful for the demigod training he'd gotten, otherwise he would be dying of exhaustion right now, and that he didn't mind Piper holding his hand. 'Wierd.' Nico told himself.
"Okay fine! we are going to Zeus's fist, and then turning to go directly west of it." Piper grinned like a maniac. Nico racked his brain for anything in that direction. All he could think of was trees.
"Why?" Piper laughed at his question and sped up.
Finally they reached the pile of stones and stopped to catch their breath. Not that they really needed to, but they did anyways. Piper climbed onto the highest point and sat down, gesturing for Nico to climb up too. They sat in silence for a few minutes, Piper still grinning about an inside joke she seemed to be sharing with herself.
Suddenly the cracking sound of a branch breaking in the tree line made Nico tense and whip his head around. Nothing seemed to be there, but the forest was full of monsters...
"Hey Piper, did you he-" Nico cut himself off as he turned to look at Piper, who wasn't sitting beside him anymore. In her place was a small piece of paper folded into a triangle. Nico's senses sharpened as he looked around. Piper seemed to have disappeared into thin air.
Hesitantly, Nico picked up the note and opened it.
"Dear Nico,
Sorry to disappear on you, but I forgot I had to go do something! Oops! Anyways, just head west from Zeus's fist without me, I'll catch up!
-Pipes"
"Did I just get ditched?" Nico asked out loud. After a moment, Nico shrugged and jumped off the rock. He stopped and looked at the sun, trying to figure out which way is west. In the corner of his eye, he thought he saw something disappear into the trees from the sky. Maybe a bird? After another moment's hesitation, Nico hurried off towards the west.
*****
Nico walked alone for about 15 minutes, and he started regretting trusting Piper. Maybe it was a joke or something, sending him out there for nothing, to get back at him. But what had he done to hurt Piper? Maybe she was just being mean. Nico knew that couldn't be it, but as he walked on, it felt more like the truth.
A sudden scream from just ahead Nico made him freeze. The voice- a girl's- sounded again. It was a familiar voice. Nico's legs sprang from under him as he ran to the sound. She screamed again, and didn't stop. Nico's ears rang as he picked up speed. Nico pushed through vines hanging from a tree, and suddenly Nico crashed into another body. The screaming stopped. Nico looked up to meet perfect blue eyes, only a few inches from him.
"Nico?"
"Will?"
A sound of something snapping made Nico look up to the tree they were standing under, only to see a sheet of blue sludge rain down the two boys. Nico had just enough time to through his hands up over his head, before a thick and wet substance covered him and Will. Before Nico could open his eyes, a popping sound echoed above them, and Nico looked up to see rainbow coloured confetti rain down as well, getting stuck to the blue gunk covering them. Nico looked up at will, who was looking around, obviously as shocked Nico was.
Laughter echoed from every direction, followed by the sound of grass and twigs being stepped on at a fast pace. Arms wrapped around Nico, followed by more bodies pushing him and Will together. Bodies came from every direction, laughing and hugging Nico and Will. They were in the middle of a giant group hug, who's all participants were now covered in blue sludge and rainbow confetti as well.
Nico twisted around to see Piper, Annabeth, Jason, Percy, Conner and Travis, Katie, Hazel, Frank, and even Chris and Clarisse, all in a tight group. Nico felt Will's body shake as he started laughing too, and soon Nico joined in.