Back Again

Nico couldn't wait to get back to the infirmary.
That's how weird it was with Will. They speed walked back to the infirmary both looking at there feet in silence. They left a javelin-size gap between them. They both were blushing.
The two boys entered the infirmary together but separated after that. Nico went to his bed and Will started talking about doctor stuff with one of his brothers.
There was barely anyone still in the infirmary. No new injuries from training, which was kinda weird. "Everyone must be taking extra care, after a war and all." Nico heard one of the Apollo kids mention.
There were only 3 other kids still in the infirmary, plus Nico. All the others were sent back to their cabins with a list of herbs they needed from the nymphs, others with casts, sent to get back to a normal routine.
The kids still in the infirmary was a Nemesis girl who was hit hard on the head by a monster or something. Apparently she had a concussion and they wanted to make sure she wouldn't pass out or anything like that. A Hephaestus kid was burnt by fire all down his left arm. How? Nico didn't know. Some fire breathing monster? A trap malfunction? But he looked pretty good. Maybe some nasty scars though.
A Hermes girl just a few beds down from Nico was poisoned with wild centaur blood. Chiron had some insight of healing remedies for that.
With barely any patients, only two Apollo kids were still around. Will took someone's shift and let the other girl go find another Apollo kid to take her shift. While she was out Will tried to talk to Nico.
"Sorry about, what happened at... At the lake." Nico shifted uncomfortly. He didn't want to hear about that again. Will looked at Nico with pleading blue eyes. His perfect blue eyes...
"Are you mad at me again? Cause' I know I piss-"
"It's fine okay?!" Nico snapped. "I don't care anyways." Talking about it made Nico's cheeks flush again. Will tried not to laugh. "You are mad!" Will laughed. "You're cute when you're mad." He muttered under his breath. "Wait what?"
"Nothing..." He started walking towards the new Apollo kid who'd just arrived. "Will!" Nico called. "WILL!" He ignored him.
'That bastard,' Nico thought. He was just about to get out of bed and talk to Will, when another Apollo girl came running. She had short blond hair and a smile across her face as her hugged Will. She was almost as tall as him. It was clearly a sisterly hug, but jealousy burned inside Nico. Will nodded to something she said and left the infirmary.
Nico frustratedly sighed and stared at the ceiling.
*****
The sun had set and it was dark again in the infirmary. Nico started to worry that he would be stuck alone in the infirmary with Katie, the Apollo girl who took Will's place. The other three lucky kids had been released from the infirmary. "Don't worry Nico. Injuries happen every day at camp Half Blood. Someone will be in here soon!" She had tried. "Whatever." Nico paused. A question rose in his throat. "Are you taking the night shift? Because you don't need to stay here for me." She sat on the bed Will had the night before. She slightly smiled. All Apollo kids give off a yellow glow in the dark, Nico decided. But Will gave off a warm comforting yellow glow. "If there's a patient in the infirmary, someone has to be in here. Sometimes my siblings switch off half way through the night but, I think you're stuck with me."
"Oh."
Katie tilted her head. "You sound disappointed. Do you not like me? Do I make you mad?" Nico smiled. It hurt. "Oh my gods you sound just like Will! No, no, katie. I like you. I didn't mean to sound disappointed." Though Nico was.
"Oh good. Cause I would hate to lose a new friend so fast." Wait, did she just call Nico a friend?
They sat in silence for a bit as the room grew darker. Katie got up to light a few more torches. She pulled out a book and sat under a torch near the entrance of the infirmary. Nico lay in bed, still trying to understand how he and Katie were friends. When did that happen?
Maybe half an hour passed before someone came into the building and surprised Katie with a bear hug. Nico turned to watch. Katie shrieked as a (slightly shorter than Katie) brunette boy scooped her up with ease. He had one arm around her shoulders and the other holding up her legs. "Travis! you little-" he kissed her, and suddenly Nico felt like he was spying. Katie laughed again, which made Travis laugh. She slapped him on the arm. "Shhh! Nico de Angelo is sleeping! Now put me down." He set her down like she was a delicate glass figurine. They stood face to face laughing. "Wait so de angelo is here? Can I draw something on his face?" Katie became very serious. "No. You cant." Nico could tell she was glaring at Travis. "Oh come on babe! I only do that to the people I love. Remember how many times I've drawn on your face?" She giggled and shook her head. she looked at him again. "I love you too." They kissed again. "Now get out of here. You aren't supposed to be here."
"Like I'm ever where I'm supposed to be. And it wouldn't be the first, or last time I sneak out to see you."
"Just go okay? Nico needs to rest. Will made that very clear to all of us in our cabin. I don't want to wake him." She pecked him one last time. "Don't get eaten by harpies." And with that, she pushed him out the door.