Walking with the Sun

They walked in silence around the cabins and through the archery range. As they passed the dining pavilion, Will spoke up. "Do you feel like talking about your dream yet?"
"No. I- I don't talk about my dreams."
"You should. It helps."
"No, it doesn't. It-it makes things harder." Why was he studdering? "Whatever you say, death boy." Nico glared daggers at Will. "Don't call me that!" Will raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, then what do you prefer? Captain dead? Lil' Underworld? Hades junior?" Will was desperately trying not to laugh at his own jokes.
"I will punch you into next week if you don't shut up."
"You wouldn't hit this beautiful face."
Anger boiled in Nico as he glanced at the stupid cute smirk on Will's face. Will turned and looked at Nico, and had to stop to laugh some more. He nearly died of laughter. "What's so funny!?" Nico demanded.
Between gasps of air, Will replied, "You-your face! It's so, so red!" He burst into laughter again.
Why did Will find that so funny? But then Nico felt his cheeks get even warmer, he was blushing. At this rate Nico was going to kill Will.
Finally, Will caught his breath. "Dude! I really must have pissed you off! That was good. Come on, I need to cool off." His face was also red but from laughter. That had never happened to Nico.
Together they walked toward the canoe lake.
*****
Will splashed water on his face while Nico sat on a large rock a few feet away.
"Oh stop your pouting Nico. Don't be such a drama queen. I'm funny, you can admit it."
"Shut up Solace." He was not funny.
Will stood up from the lake's edge and strode over to Nico. The taller boy stood over Nico expectantly.
"Are you going to move over for me or do you want me to just stand here in front of you?"
Reluctantly, Nico scooted towards the right. Will plopped down right beside Nico. Their shoulders touched. The warm and comforting feeling that Nico felt the night before came back. His heart sped up. A tingling giddiness overtook Nico. Heat rose up into his cheeks. He turned his head away from Will, determined not to let the other boy see.
Laughter echoed across the lake. Somewhere, a boy and girl were enjoying themselves, while Nico was awkwardly sitting with his doctor trying no to let the other boy see he was blushing.
Will leaned forward and looked at Nico's face. He frowned. "You're face is red again. What did I do?"
"You sat beside me." Nico honestly grumbled. "So you're mad at me for sitting beside you?" Nico paused before answering. "Yeah." He mumbled. "Mad."
Will started to smile again. Nico wanted to slap that stupid and adorable look off his face. 'SHUT UP NICO!' He shouted to himself.
"I'm sorry I make you mad, Nico. But you shouldn't be so mad all the time. Doctor's orders."
An impossibly small smile tugged at Nico's mouth. Maybe this guy was a little funny. "Come on Nico. We should get back to the infirmary."
"Oh joy."
Will stood up and offered Nico his hand. Hesitantly, Nico took it. The warm surge pulsed through Nico as he looked into Will's eyes as he stood up. They stood a moment, holding hands and staring into each other's eyes. Will's eyes were easy to get lost in.
They both inched closer. And closer still.
Nico rapidly pulled away. He took 5 steps away before turning around. Will stood in the same place, looking at Nico disappointedly. "Um, we should, ya'know..." Nico pointed towards the infirmary. Will nodded. "Yeah. Come on." He walked passed Nico towards the infirmary. Nico followed. They walked in silence again.