Faeries R

Yes I'm aware that I skipped over Q when I find some faeries that start with Q I will post them OK

Rakshasas - Shape shifting demon-goblins. They can appear as monsters, animals, or beautiful women to seduce holy men and then eat them. They have side tusks, ugly eyes, curling awkward brows, bull's heads, bloated bellies, tangled hair, and backward pointing hands. They can cause leprosy, raise the dead, and regenerate severed limbs.

Ravan - The ten headed, twenty armed king of the Rakshasas, Ravan ruled in the kingdom of Lanka (possibly Sri Lanka ) until he was killed by a Rama. He was once imprisoned in a mountain for a thousand years, but he can be destroyed by a mortal. He was finally after kidnapping Sita, Rama's wife, when Rama and his army of Indian faeries stormed his castle.

Red Cap - The Red Cap, an emaciated man with a leathery body and little or no hair, carries a sharp wooden scythe to strike down all who invade the area he has decided to guard for the time being. Solitary and hateful in nature, we can all be grateful there is only one of him. He moves from place to place on a whim throughout the extreme lowlands of Scotland along the English border. He haunts the ruins of old castles and cairns which he guards with his life. The Red Cap he wears, and for which he was named, is said to be made of dried human blood. Some say he is a cannibal who will consume faeries and humans alike.

Robin Goodfellow - Robin Goodfellow, also known as Puck from Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream , looks like a Greek Satyr, with the head of a young male and the body of a goat. He has a playful, lusty nature, and loves to play pranks on humans. He has small horns on his head, and he carries with him pan pipes which he loves to play while he dances. In English legends, Robin is the son of a faery father and a mortal mother who loves to play tricks on humans who venture into his woods. Some have claimed to hear his laughter after the trick is successfully completed. He is also adept at animal and bird calls.

Rubezahl - Pronounced "Roo-bee-zahl"; these are male dwarf faeries in short black cloaks who each carry a thin, spiky walking stick. They're mean to human travelers. They wear large cloaks which hide their faces and seem not to want humans to know just what they look like. Because of this it is believed that they can't shape shift. They were once credited with being able to summon the wind or the rain, if only for a brief time. They would bring whichever one would most annoy a human traveler in their woods. If the human had no water they would summon a hot sun, and if he or she had no shelter they would summon a cold rain. They like to yell confusing noises so that travelers lose their way. They make their homes in the mountains.

Rusalki - Lovely female water faeries with long green hair who like to play water games with people. They do not seem deliberately malicious, but sometimes their games get rough and dangerous.