Faery Monarchs

Faery monarchs are the leaders of the faery courts and the wielder of that courts source power.

For example: The summer monarch holds within them the season of summer itself and those who swear loyalty to the summer monarch or monarchs (king, queen or both) also wield the power of summer.

The courts are ruled by their respective monarchs, any decisions in how the courts are run are made and or approved by them.

Faery monarchs have the power to permanently turn living full blooded humans into faeries without feeding them a single drop faery blood.

In some lore monarchs are immune to all faery weaknesses and can only be killed by another monarch or solitarily fae strong enough to form their own court.

In some lore monarchs only rule for a thousand years or as long as they agree to rule. In other lore monarchs rule until they die or pass the throne on to an heir or successor.

If the monarch dies without an heir of successor the power will move on to the most worthy person including their bloodline as their heirs. In some lore faeries may have to find the new monarch who may not know of their newly acquired power and until the new monarch is found their respective seasons will not occur.