Chapter Nine: We're Hurting

|Your POV|

It's been a month and during that time, I've been going to Camila's house daily. I've learned so much about her and her family and I just can't get tired of spending time with them. Everyday that I go to her house we purposely answer one question of our project so we can see each other the next day. I can't believe how smitten I am with her.

"Y/N your school just called, they said they were having trouble with the electricity and that they couldn't get the heaters to work therefore school's closed for two weeks." Rita said happily and I jumped up from my bed.

"Two weeks?" I asked and Rita nodded her head. I hugged her and spun her around. "Now I can spend more time with you! And we can play outside!" I kissed my sister's forehead and she smiled.

"Don't get too excited now. Lauren is waiting for you downstairs and she doesn't look too happy so I'll just be in my room." Rita kissed my cheek before leaving. I ran downstairs and wrapped my arms around Lauren.

"Hey Laur." I leaned in to kiss her but she held out her hands. I frowned and she avoided eye contact with me. "Can we please go in your room?" She asked softly and I kissed her forehead.

"Sure thing baby. Anything you want." I scooped her up in my arms and carried her into my room. I laid her down on my bed and she started crying into my chest. I rubbed circles on her back and she looked up at me.

"I love you....so much." Lauren wiped her eyes and I gave her a small smile. "I need to say something, I need you to just listen." Lauren caressed my face and I gave her a quick kiss. "I'm all ears." I rested my forehead on hers and she closed her eyes.

"You've been hanging out with Camila a lot lately and I'm pretty sure it's not because you have to finish your project. Every time we're together you're glued to your phone. I've been trying to stay calm about the whole situation but I can't. Y/N I love you so much and I always have this hope inside me that you'll start loving me again-" I cut Lauren off with a kiss. I moved my lips against hers desperately and she immediately kissed back.

"Lauren, I never stopped loving you." I caressed her face and she shook her head. Lauren got up from the bed and she ran a hand through her hair.

"Don't say it if you don't mean it." Lauren snapped and I stood up. "I do mean it." I took a step towards her but she took a step back.

"Y/N, I see the way you look at her when we're in school. I see the way you smile when she's close to you. You look at her the way I look at you!" Lauren raised her voice and I gulped. "What do you mean by that?" I asked softly and Lauren groaned.

"When I look at you, I ignore everything around me, I get so lost in your eyes and I can't keep my eyes off you. That's the way you look at Camila. You're supposed to look at me that way but you never did, ever since you met her! So don't lie to me and tell me you love me. Don't give me false hope. I was probably just your stupid publicity stunt." Lauren pushed past me but I blocked the door.

"I did love you! You weren't a publicity stunt Lauren. I fucking loved you, how could you think that? I'd never use you like that." I raised my voice, Lauren laughed bitterly and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"There it is. You said it, now I know the truth! You said you loved me, past tense. You don't love me anymore but here I am completely in love with you! I can't compete with Camila. I know that she's the one you want, she owns your heart now and I can't do anything about it."

"Lauren I want you! I still love you!" I moved towards Lauren and she shook her head. "Don't deny it, I know you have feelings for her. When I kiss you, I still feel the butterflies in my stomach. I bet you that you don't." Lauren crashed her lips onto mine and I kissed back. She was right, I didn't feel anything. No sparks, no butterflies, nothing at all. Lauren pulled away and I locked my eyes with hers.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's not your fault, these things happen and unfortunately it happened to us. I really wish you the best, Camila's a lucky girl." Lauren gave me a fake smile before walking out of my house. I ran into Rita's room and started to cry into her chest.

"What happened?" She hugged me tightly and I tried to catch my breath. "Breathe." Rita said sternly and I took a deep breath.

"I'm in love with Camila." I cried out and Rita chuckled. She kissed my forehead and I calmed down. "I know, it's not that hard to tell. You look at her like she's your whole world. She looks at you the same way, both of you are completely in love with each other and I find it funny how neither of you make a move." Rita rubbed my back and I wiped my eyes.

"I heard you and Lauren arguing, she had a point. You fell out of love with her a long time ago, so I guess it's okay for you to start moving on. You should call Camila, trust me you'll feel better." Rita kissed the top of my forehead and I got up from her bed. I walked into my room and called Camila.

"Hey baby." Camila's voice came from the other side of the phone. I sighed dramatically before plopping down on my bed. "What's wrong?" She asked worriedly and I let out a shaky breath.

"Can you please come over? I need you." My voice cracked and I felt a lump form in my throat, preventing me from talking.

"Y/N, I'll be there in a few minutes. Just please don't cry." Camila hung up and I fought back my tears. A few minutes later the doorbell rang so I sprinted down the stairs and swung the door open. I fell into Camila's arms and she held me. I held onto her desperately and she hugged me tightly.

"Please stay the night."