Chapter Twelve : We're Too Different

⊙Your POV⊙

"Y/N damn it! I love you too but people won't approve of us! I'll ruin your reputation! You've worked so damn hard just to get where you are and I don't want to ruin it. I'm not a damn cheerleader, I'm not perfect, I'm not popular, I barely have any friends, we're complete opposites! You're popular, you're fascinating, you're beautiful, and you are so talented. Don't you get it? You deserve better. You'll get so much hate if we take this public. Everyone will just criticize us and I don't want that to happen. I already went through so much crap and I don't want to have to transfer schools again." Camila had tears streaming down her face and my heart broke at the sight. I couldn't even believe what she had said.

I just couldn't understand how someone so beautiful could be so insecure.

---------------------------------------------------
"I hate to admit this but we're too different." Camila's voice cracked and before I could even open my mouth she ran out of the bathroom. I quickly chased after her but she was running too fast. The bell rung and soon enough the halls were crowded. I tried to keep my eyes on Camila but she blended in with everyone else.

"Mr.Tomlinson can you tell Mr.Malik that I'm with you? I really don't want to go back to class." I pleaded and Mr.Tomlinson groaned. "Fine." He pulled out his phone and I went inside the gym. I sat down on the bench and I felt tears well up in my eyes. Mr.Tomlinson immediately ran over to me and I cried into his shoulder.

"It's about Camila isn't it?" He asked and I nodded. "You've never cried over Lauren but I can see that you clearly love Camila. You two are very touchy, I'll tell you that." I couldn't help but laugh at his words. He patted my back before pulling away from the embrace. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Well we've only been dating for two weeks and whenever we're alone she's not afraid to be affectionate but once we go out to eat or once we get in school she doesn't even want to hold my hand. Today I told her that it was annoying me and we got into an argument. Camila poured out her feelings and basically told me that she didn't feel like she was good enough for me. I feel like no matter how many times I tell her she's beautiful she'll never believe me and I...I really don't know what to do anymore." I explained and Mr.Tomlinson smiled. He handed me a paper and pencil but I just looked at him.

"Write down all the things you love about her." He ordered and I started to think.

I love how her hand fits exactly with mine or how she sticks her tongue out in between her teeth when she smiles. The way she says 'I love you' makes my heart flutter and I always crave to hear her say it one more time. I find it completely adorable when she talks in her sleep and I get to have a full blown conversation with her that doesn't even make sense. Whenever she tells me she loves me when I least expect it and the way she looks at me before we kiss drives me insane. Sometimes I wish she could see herself in my eyes so she'd see how beautiful she really is.

"I brought my guitar just like you told me too, I also brought Liam and Harry!" Mr.Horan ran down the steps and he sat down on the bench next to me.

"My first name is Louis and this is Niall, Liam, and Harry. Today we're going to help you write a song for Camila. So y/n let's use everything you've written down." Mr.Tomlinson took the paper out of my hands and he started to write things down with Liam. Harry was giving me a few vocal lessons while Niall figured out the chords for the song. After about forty minutes the bell rung and we all cheered.

"We finished the song in one period!" Harry smiled and patted my back. "You're a natural born singer, now go get your girl!" My teachers all gave me a little nudge and I ran outside. I saw Camila start to walk back home so I quickly hopped in my car and followed behind her.

"Please get in the car! Let me give you a ride home." I shouted through the window but Camila ignored me. "Camila please I just want to make sure you get home safe. I can't go to bed without knowing if you're safe or not." Camila groaned and angrily got inside my car. The ride to her house was quiet, none of us spoke until we made it to her house.

"I love you Camila." I said sadly and Camila got out of my car. She slammed the car door and took a few steps before turning back. She opened my door and pulled me inside her house. "I love you too y/n." Camila whispered and I smiled. We both went up to her room and I grabbed her guitar. I started to play the chords Mr.Horan had taught me and Camila sat down across from me. I smiled and locked my eyes with hers.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You never love yourself half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh

I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
Because it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you
I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you, and all your little things

As soon as I finished the song Camila grabbed the guitar and put it aside. She smashed her lips onto mine and I felt extremely overwhelmed. Camila pulled away and I opened my mouth to talk.

"Camila I don't care what other people think about us. I want to kiss you and hold your hand in public. I am completely in love with you and I want you to know that you're beautiful. You mean so much to me. You're smile always puts me in a good mood. When you laugh, my heart flutters and I just want to hear you on repeat. On my worst days, I just want to see you because you're the only one who can make me happy. Whenever I'm anxious all I have to do is look at you and I'll automatically feel better. You really have no idea how much I love you." I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and she smiled.

"Y/N you make me feel like I'm actually worth something and I love that about you but I can't see what you see. Out of all the girls you could have, why'd you choose me?" Camila asked with tears threatening to fall from her eyes. I caressed her face before resting my forehead against hers.

"There's just something about you that I can't explain. You're not like those other girls, you're unique and I wouldn't trade you for the world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake to up to you every morning, you complete me. I can't think of a better way to spend my life. I just want you. Camila, I need you and I want you to know that you're perfect. And if I have to remind you every day for the rest of our lives, then I will." I sighed and Camila let a few tears stream down her face. I wiped the tears from her face and she took a deep breath.

"I promise you that tomorrow I'll kiss you in the hallway and I'll show you how much I love you." Camila said softly and I smiled widely.

"I can't wait for tomorrow."