Hopes Turned into dreams

Lissa: I sit at the edge of my bed, working on my Math 3 homework, seriously wondering when I'll ever get the chance to live a normal life. Although, nothing about my life is ever easy. I lost my parents to a bad car crash and I had went into Foster care for about three years after that until the Mastranos had adopted me. I now have a younger step sister, Jill. Who is only 15 years of age. I love her dearly as I have only ever known her for only 9 years now.

The Mastranos adopted me when I was nine. Til this day I love them, but, never truly felt worthy of their love, mainly because I am not a Moroi, like they are. I am a Dhampir. Don't get me wrong though, I still protect my family members with everything I have. But it's kind of hard when you don't really know how to defend your self from Strigoi in efficient manners.

There are plenty of Academies for those types of things, but, the Mastranos are very, very hell bent in keeping me and Jill securely in a home school setting. I really want to learn how to use more of my 'weapons' like my text books says I have too, but, Emily- Jill's and I mom doesn't like it. She says it's not normal for some one my age-18 to be handling a sliver stake. Even if that's what a Dhampir does. Half-Vampires like me.

I sighed, closing the textbook shut as Jill entered my room with a tiny knock.

"You can come in without knocking, you know?" I told her, a playful smile on my lips.

As a Moroi, Jill was small. She was slender, and tall, but, not the height of a normal teenage Moroi. Maybe she'll hit that growth spurt when she turns 16.

She comes to sit by me on the bed as she twirls her a light brown messy curl. I assess her and find that Jill was excited about something. Whenever Jill was excited she would get this twinkle in her eye and get very, very talkative as well. It was cute, I'd have to admit.

"Mom says that we may end up going to one of the Academies! Isn't that a wonderful thing?" Jill gushes excitedly as she watches me.

This was news to me. I thought Emily wouldn't want us to have any experiences with a high trained professional Academy. "Really? Which Academy is she trying to let us go to?"

Jill gives me an exciting grin as she sits up straighter. "She said St. Validmirs Academy."

I raised a brow at her, almost completely shocked at Jill's words. "That Academy hasn't had any Strigoi attacks either with in the last couple of years. It may be the safest one she would ever let us go to."

Let's just say I've done my research when it comes to the Academies. Hoping that one day, our Mother would let us go to one of them and do our trainings the way we were suppose to.Jill nodded quickly , as if she were high on such a grand idea. That we would finally go to an Academy where Jill could work on her water magic and I guardian training. It was a giddy thought, one that was very, very contagious to me.

And then a thought hit me.

"But I'd be still hopelessly behind in the Guardian training. They probably wouldn't even let me graduate with the others. "

Jill watched me, feeling sorry. "I know, but, your a good catch though, I bet." What optimism my sister has. It made me smile again

"Yeah, and, I'll have you to watch over as well. "

She waved my comment off with a hug as she got up, heading for the bedroom door. When she reached it she said, "Oh, and by the way, I think you'll make a great guardian someday. You just need to be trained."

She left the room leaving me thinking of all my hopes, dreams, and goals. They were finally being answered.