Illegal Business

Rose: I looked up after the bell rung as students were filing out of their classes. I bent down picking up my books and my bag as I headed out the door.

As I made my way to my dorm, I knew Abe and I needed to talk. He was here on a mission and I wasn't about to let him leave without the information he deserved before he left. I quickly reached my dorm door and went inside the room, quickly shutting the door behind me as I put my books on my desk and my shoulder bag on the floor beside the desk.

Once hands free, I went to my bathroom that was attached to the room. After I got done there I went back out into the room as I got a text message on my phone. I quickly turned around to get it as I saw who texted.

'Hey, Rose. I am coming to your room so we can talk about what I am really here for. Be there in 10. -Abe.'

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as I sat on the bed and waited as patiently as I could for my Father to show up.

A few mintues later he came in without knocking because he knew I was already here. I gave him a smile and said, "About time you showed up, old man."

"Ah, Rose how observant of you." He said playing right along with me, which made me smile even more as he shut the door.

He turned around and came and sat across from me on the bed. I had my legs pulled up to my chest as I watched him. "I knew you were going to bring up the mission, Abe."

"Ah, really?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Why else would you be here?"

"Maybe to spend time with my Daughter?" He questions but his eyes said a whole different matter.

I have him a smile again as I sighed. "The answer to your unspoken question is no. I haven't been able to find any files on your missing person that you wanted me too because, I've been up to my eyeballs in homework. "
"Hmm." Abe said rubbing his chin as he eyed me. "You haven't heard anything around the school? I thought Academies had gossip around 24/7. "

"Oh, trust me. They do. I am guessing the person is a sneaky son of a bitch who is trying to stay low on the radar. " I said.

"Yeah, but, I've heard from my officials that the person who's missing is a Royal. So, why would a Royal disappear for?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, Abe. The only thing I can think of is that they probably want a normal life maybe? " I paused, eyeing him. "Besides, it's not like I know the person because you won't give anything up that you have on the person."

"You just got to trust me on this Rose, alright?" He said as he got up from the bed.

I nodded although I didn't get why. If I was going to help him look for those files I should know things. "Don't you think you should at least give me a gender info so I know?" I asked him as I got up as well, watching him.

"I can't say anything more Rose. The higher up officials wouldn't want me too anyways. Hell, I wasn't even suppose to tell you that ."

"Fine."

He turned around and then turned back to me as he dug in his pocket. "Oh, here. I thought you'd want this. I found it on the floor as I had came in. It looks like an invitation to a party. " he said.

"Wow, old man. You're saying you want me to go to a party?"

"Exactly. " he said, smirking over at me. "Besides, you may find some information at that party. "
"Yeah, good parenting, Abe. " I said dryly as he left the room.