New Surroundings

Lissa: Kirova got up from her desk, showing us to the door. Mom and Dad gave Jill and I hugs and said, " You know can call us if you need us,right? " 

I nodded and gave them each a smile. " I know. And no need to worry about Jill. I'll have her in my sight daily. Nothing will happen to her, I promise." 

My Mother hugged me again and I hugged her back, suppressing my tears. As we departed ways I waited for Jill to get done talking with Mom and then her, Dimitri, and I go around the school to get a closer look. As I expected, the feel to it was Gothic like. Hm... I glanced over at Dimitri as we walked, Jill by my side. She looked so excited and I was equally happy for her. This was the first time she had ever stepped foot in an educated place for Moroi and Dhampirs a like.  Dimitri though... He just seemed mysterious, and guarded. Very guarded. Like he doesn't let a lot of people in. 

"So, when do we start training?" I asked him

He looked over at me, and I saw the little tattoos that they give to Guardians for every Strigoi kill they make. He had six. Whoa... " Tomorrow." He said in a low accented voice. I wasn't entirely sure what type of accent it was in though. It sounded foreign to me. We kept walking and I gave him a smile as well. 

" I can't wait!" 

" So, so eager, huh?" He chuckles a bit, but it didn't reach his eyes. 

" Well, you would be too if you didn't have any experience until you had a personal trainer who was like the worst in history." 

He raised his eyebrow at me and said, " Really? Have you ever been trained before?" 

I shook my head, fully realizing that I am at an disadvantage from all of  the other Novices. Jee, how was I suppose to graduate in two weeks when I hadn't had any sort of proper Guardian training? Oh, boy. This isn't good.

"We may have to put in more training time then. " Dimitri said as he pulled his duster around him more tighter.

I nodded and looked over at my sister, who was fiddling with her thumbs, absentmindedly. 

"Jill, are you alright?" 

Her green eyes met mine and said, " Yeah. I just.. I don't know what I am going to do in this new setting. It's really weird, Lissa." 

I stopped and pulled her over to the  side, giving her a hug. " Jill, listen to me. There's nothing to be scared of, alright? It's like that time at my birthday party when my friends brought their younger siblings and you finally made friends from talking to them. That's all this is, Jill. Okay?" 

She nodded and hugged me tight. I hugged her back, knowing how scary it was for the both of us. It was scary because we were the talk of the school, and that we were new here. It would eventually die down though. I knew it would. It had too. 

" Are you good?" I asked Jill who looked way better now than what she had been looking like. 

She gave me a thumbs up and said, " Yes. " 

"Good girl." I smiled and stood up straighter. " Now, let's go check out our new surroundings."