Training With A God

Lissa: After Dimitri showed Jill and I around he finally proposed that we should get some sleep. I was thoroughly thrilled for that to be honest. I was tired. Completely worn out by everything that's happened in these last  24 hours.

I thanked Dimitri as we left Jill in the Moroi section of the dorms and then him and I went over to the Dhampir's.  When we got to my room he said, "you be sure to have everything you need. Alright? If you ever, ever need anything, just ask for me at the front desk."

I nodded and watched him carefully. Even his words were guarded. Everything about him seemed to be guarded. I blinked and gave him a small smile. "Yes sir. Oh, do you know my assignment?"

Dimitri rose an eyebrow at me and said, " Your assignment?"

"Yeah. My assigned Moroi. Father told me that as soon as I got here, I'd have an assignment."

"Oh. I'll check for you. Is there anything else?"

I thought about it, but, quickly shook my head. "Nothing else."

He nodded and cleared his throat. "Well, you should get some sleep, Vasilisa. You have a very, very busy day tomorrow."

I nodded and watched him leave. After he left, I quickly opened my dorm room and went inside. After I had set my bags down I pulled out my phone, texting my Mom.

'Hey, Momma. I love you. Jill is fine and I am so, so glad to be here where I can finally begin real training. Thank you so, so much! Hope you have a wonderful day, but, right now I have to sleep. Crazy schedule, sleeping wise. '

I set the phone on the nightstand and changed into my pj's that I had in my bag. After that, I grabbed my photo of my real mom and me when I was just 7. I smiled sadly, but, it didn't hurt that much, mainly because I barely knew her. And Dad as well. Once that photo was up I pulled out my other family photo. The Mastranos and I. I placed it by the picture of my birth mom, I sat back on the bed, looking at both pictures.

"I love you both..." I murmured softly.

After that I decided to hop into bed, figuring that I could get more settled in tomorrow.

**************

Jill:  I smiled as I went into my new bedroom. It was much, much more larger than what I was use to being in. The walls were made of Orange and Purple. My two favorite colors in the world. I squealed in happiness as I dropped my bag onto the floor, taking in my new room
It had a nightstand with a mirror attached to it, and there was another set of drawers on the right side of the bed, agasint the orange coloring. I smiled and decided to get unpacked.

Man, tomorrow was going to be great, and very, very nerve wracking at the same time! After settled in, I wondered what Lissa was doing. I smiled, completely stunned at how she is watching out for me. Her step sister. Whoa... I suddenly got a dull ache in my chest and I quickly turned out the lights, letting myself fall asleep, dreaming about Lissa and what's to come.

*******

Lissa: I woke up and rolled over to my side, yawning as I blinked the tiredness from my eyes. I had to be up by at least 7 pm- morning for the Moroi and be in the training room before the day actually started. I got up from my comfortable position, going to find a towel so that way I could shower.

After my shower I quickly changed to my training outfit: black pants, black tanktop, and a pair of comfy tennis shoes that were also black. After that, I grabbed a hair tie and went out the door, my book bag- which is also my gym bag slung over my shoulders as I walked over to the training room. 

Once there I heard grunts, and thumps in the room as I went inside, putting my bag on one of the bleachers that were open. I searched the room and found Dimitri doing moves I had no clue about. Holey cow.... Man, was he good. He moved so fast that it was like seeing a flash of lighting in the sky and hearing thunder call out as soon as you blinked from it. His hands struck the dummy, efficiently and in depth. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Whenever he was about to strike, I noticed how he would exhale before landing the punch on the dummy. His kicks looked pretty nasty as well. Oh, boy.. What had I gotten myself into. Training with a god, I thought.

I cleared my throat, alerting my presence to him. He stopped and looked over at me. "Ah, good morning, Vasilisa. "

"It's Lissa." I murmured as I took a step forward. My curls bouncing over my shoulders. I immediately tied them up into a crazy looking bun as I watched him.

"Oh, Lissa. My apologies." He said. "So, we're going to start out with the basics first. I want you to hit me. Show me everything you know about guarding. So that way I can get some type of feel of where to go when we train during Lunch."

I nodded and got into my fighting stance, looking him up and down. He was dressed similar to me, but, his clothes were a bit bigger than mine were.  He mirrored my stance and I knew he was waiting for me to make the first move. I reached, connecting with my fist to his shoulder. My eyes never leaving his as we circle around. I ducked as he made his move for my cheek. I stroked out, making a hit for his throat, but, it was futile and I was on my back, gasping for air.

He helped me back up, and I watched him closely. He wasn't winning that easily. We circled again, me watching how he moved on his feet, how he breathed, how his elbows and hands were at. I tried to actually mirror him to best of my ability  but it wasn't lucky because I ended up back on my back again. I breathed in trying to get my breath as I got back up, ready for more.

Dimitri looked over at the clock hanging on the wall by the exit. It was nearly time for Breakfast. "That was a good session. We will continue after you have eaten lunch, okay?"

I nodded and wiped the sweat off of my brow, breathing heavily as I walked to the gym's shower. After another shower I came back out while Dimitri was still standing there, drinking from a water bottle.

"I thought you'd already left."

"Well, I had something on my mind and wanted to ask you."

" Oh.. Okay. What is it?"

" You don't have a gym bag, do you?"

I shook my head as I towel dried my hair.

" I'll see if I can't get you one."

" Oh, no. That's okay you don't have too."

"I want too, Lissa."

"Okay, Dimitri."

He smiled at me as we exited the gym. Me to the cafeteria and him to whatever place he goes at this time.