New Dhampir, New Moroi

Lissa: Three days later after Jill had told me we would be going to an academy, I was pure giddy, now I felt nervous. I sat in the back seat of the car with Jill beside me. She wore her brown hair straight today and was wearing a fine blue shirt with black leggings as she was all excited still for our first day at St. Vladimirs.

I clasped my hands in my lap as my blue book bag sat on the floor by my feet. My hair was up in a curly blonde ponytail as I hadn't bothered to put on any make up today. I wasn't trying to impress anyone anyways. It was only the first day. I wore a red shirt and black yoga pants as they were very, very comfortable.

Are you guy's ready to be enrolled in St. Vladimirs Academy?" Our father, John said to us as he flicked open his mirror visor to see us in the back seat. Mom was driving us as we each were a bit nervous. You could just feel it in the air around us.

Jill nodded and practically bounced in her seat as she said, "I am, Dad! I can't wait for today. I am planning to charm all the guys in school!"

A low chuckle came from our Father who was very, very skilled in Fire. Our Mother was skilled in Air. Jill for some reason ended up with the Water element. "How about you just stay focused on your Water studies, eh?" He told her.

Jill nodded and I could feel my Father's eyes on me. "I heard a rumor that you'd be getting an assignment as soon as you get there, Vasilisa."

I looked up at him now as before my eyes were strictly on my hands. I raised a brow at him. " Already? Why?"

He shrugged at me and gave me an encouraging smile. " I am sure it's going to be a good Moroi, Vasilisa. No need to worry, okay?" I nodded, but, it didn't entirely help me with the nerves that were running up my body at this moment.

***************

Lissa: When we get to the Academy I see elaborated black iron gates in front of us. They had an entire gate that's as tall as my old pageant trophy when our Mom had put us in pageants. I rolled down the window, taking in the view. The sky was shrouded in darkness as the Moroi had always kept awake during the night time for classes and in the day time they would go to bed.

Since I wasn't raised at an academy Emily had Jill and I on a human schedule. I wondered how hard it would be to suddenly have to adjust to this. At the moment it wasn't exactly hard, but, there was still a part of my brain telling me it's late and that I should be in bed. I immediately tuned out that part and tried to custom myself to the new change of time.

Suddenly after a few mintues of waiting out in front of the gates they finally opened with a loud creak and I kind of got the feeling that these gates weren't really opened a lot.

Mom drove the car inside of the open gates and I got my first look at the Academy. It had a gothic 1800 feel to it and I hoped to God they had WiFi here. I looked up at the building's arch that had pointed a bit upwards. Whoa. This definitely wasn't what I was use to seeing. She circled the car around to where we were suppose to go inside.

She stopped the car, letting Jill, my Dad, and I out. "I'll go park the car as you go in and get us settled in for our meeting. I hear the Headmistress is a bit old fashioned and don't like any missing appointments. "

My Father nodded and guided us towards the double glass doors. As we walked, I said, "There are wards surrounding the whole Academy so you won't have to worry about any Strigoi coming in, Dad."

He glanced over at me, pride in his eyes at my knowledge. " Someone did their research. "

I gave him a grin as I opened the doors and let them in first. I quickly caught up with them though. Dad walked up to a set of two men stationed at the stair case which must be where the commons are.

" Excuse me, I was wondering if you knew where we could find the Headmistress? "

" Dad, Kirova." I said.

He raised a brow at me, wondering what I was talking about.

"Headmistress Kirova." I explained further.

Recognition flooded over my Dad's features as he turned back to the two guys who were clad in black clothing- Guardians, I realized.

"Headmistress Kirova, to be exact." My father said.

The man on the left watched my Father and said, "This way, please. " the guy moved with grace and I recongized that he had sort of country accent to him.

"Um, excuse me. What is your name?" I asked, slightly curious.

"Spirdion." He replied as he turned right, bringing us through a set of brown ornate double doors. I saw a green, wooden engraved door that read, 'Headmistress Kirova. ' Fitting, I thought as we entered after the voice told us to come in.

*******
Jill : I sat in a back armed chair, my older adopted sister, Lissa, on my right side, watching everything with suspicion.

The woman sat before us gave all of us warm smiles as my parents stood along the walls, watching us. Lissa had actually got up when our Mother came in, offered her chair to her, but, she had declined.

"Hello I am Kirova, your headmistress here at St. Vladimirs Academy. I want to personally thank you guys for choosing our school for your wonderful children. First of all, a few things we should discuss is who do we have in front of me. "

Her bird like eyes went to me and I confidently said, "I am Jill Mastrano, Moroi."

She looked at me, a grin on her red lips. "Ah, how lovely. However, I do believe you aren't royal. Is that true?" She cuts her eyes over to our parents. They nodded as an answer. "Fascinating."

Lissa: Her eyes moved to me next and I lifted my head high, meeting her gaze dead on. "What about you?"

"Vasilisa Mastrano. Everyone calls me Lissa and I am also a Dhampir. "
She nodded and looked over at my parents, probably wondering why this two Moroi parents has a Dhampir child. "They adopted me when I was nine."

Kirova nodded and as I watched her, I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. A tall tanned guy with long shoulder length hair, and brown eyes stood in a corner, watching us. I could tell he liked Westerns because of the brown leather duster he wore.

"Who's that?" I asked Kirova indicating the man.

"Oh, that will be your trainer Dimitri Belikov. "

I gave him a smile and he nodded his head towards me.

Kirova cleared her throat, making my gaze turn back to her. "Are your children staying here in one of the dorms or will you be taking them from home and here?"

My father cleared his throat and said,"They will stay here. I trust there are high security measures."

Kirova nodded. "They are, sir. I guarantee you this place is heavily guarded and has seven rings of Wards around the perimeter. "

My Dad nodded and Kirova turned her gaze back on Jill and I. "Welcome to St. Vladimirs."