A slave's messed up life Girlxgirl

This is Laura's story of how she came from a poor family, taken and sold to a coven of royal vampires as a slave, the vampires don't know she isn't human, or do they? Can she remain faithful and overcome all challenges that are thrown at her including a lover, freedom and her family?

"Got ya scum, can't get away now!" A hunter screeched in Laura's ear.

"Oh yeah, watch me loser!" Laura replied smirking then stomped on his foot roughly making him lose his balance. The hunter screamed and unintentionally let his grip on Laura loosen as she took the opportunity to thrust her elbow into his stomach to bolt forward out of sight before he caught up with her. She had to find her mum, she hated being separated from her especially since they were on the run. Laura didn't know when they would be able to settle down from running but she hoped it would be soon.

Laura stopped in the middle of a clearing to catch her breath ready to run again before she heard rustling of bushes near a tree. She lifted a branch that had fallen of a tree nearby and cautiously walked closer until she was met with a pair of soft hazel eyes she recognized as her mothers. She then lowered the branch but kept it in case they ran into the hunters again.

"Mum, quick that hunter isn't far from here we gotta keep moving, do you know anywhere we could possibly go?" Laura asked her mother hoping she would know a safe place. Her mother thought for a second then answered, "Yes not far from here, but we gotta be quick or we'll miss our chance at safety, come on this way." Laura's mother pointed south near Dark Mountain and waved her hand to follow her. Both Laura and her mother raced off towards Dark Mountain trying to be as sleek as possible using the shadows, darkness and trees to their advantage.

They had ran for about a mile and a half but stopped for a breather, "Mum when do you... think we can settle down without being chased? When can we go home?" Laura's mum had to think about the answer before shaking her head "I don't know darlin' I hope its soon though, its been too long since we've seen the others." A frown appeared across Laura's mothers face.

"It's okay mum." Laura tried to perk her up a bit, "We'll see them again soon after we go to Dark Mountain for a while we can sneak back over the border. I don't understand mum, why are we the only ones in the family that have to do this?" Laura asked curiously, she was never told why everything happened or when they would return or even if they would return. She was told to go along with it and trust her mother and her instincts then she would soon know.

"Yeah maybe darlin'. There is a lot I haven't told you I can't explain right now but when we are home I promise I will tell explain everything." Laura's mum half-smiled then put her hand on her daughters left shoulder. "Okay let's keep moving, the quicker we get there the more we can rest and think of a plan." Laura spoke calmly to clear the air of the doubts. Laura trusted her mum's judgement after all it was her mothers quick thinking that saved them from trappers many times and also got them both out of the outbreak of chaos at their pack.

They ran roughly for another two hours until they came across an abandoned looking farm on the slope of Dark Mountain. 'I can't imagine why anyone would wanna live here,' Laura thought looking around the old rotting shack. They both walked into the farmhouse and Laura's mum tells her daughter to stay at the door until she checks it out, so like the good daughter she is Laura stayed. Her mum goes further into the farmhouse in search of supplies. She came across a room that looked like an old study as there was letters and documents everywhere with a small table turned over, the room had clearly been ransacked. She went over to look at what the documents had wrote on them when the door was slammed shut...

Creaking filled the house, Laura was thinking of going to check on her mother to see if she's alright but her mother told her to wait outside, 'It's an old house they creak all the time . 'But what about the loud crashing sound a few minutes should?' These thoughts were running through Laura's mind setting her on edge about the abandoned property. Her decision was made, she proceeded further into the abandoned property.

The farmhouse door closed ever so slightly leaving only a little light getting through. A boot had stepped on a floor board causing a huge creak. Laura's head immediately shot towards the direction the noise came from but nothing was there, she turned her head back and was met with a pair of dark green eyes looking right into her own and jumped back into her usual fighting stance.

"I don't think you would want to fight while we have someone you may know." A humour-filled husky voice told Laura. The man was cloaked in a dark forest green and had brown bottoms that were tight showing of the muscles in the back of his legs in brown boots, probably to help disguise himself in the forest. He had dirty red hair and was about 5"9 tall with a slim waist and was nicely tanned.

'I would totally do this guy if I were straight and he didn't radiate pure evil,' Laura thought to herself, then felt guilt set upon her conscious. 'Stop that! Save yourself for the one you love. Laura gave him a confused look, who could he have he's just walked in the door and everyone she knows is on the other side of the country.

"If you run then she dies right here right now, I don't think you'd want that now would you Laura?" The evil eyed man chuckled to a corner of a room she hadn't bothered looking at. Another man stepped forward with her mother gagged and bound. 'Oh God how are we gonna get outta this one eh? And how does he know my name?' Laura thought to herself hoping an idea would spring to her mind.

"Wh-what do you want w-with us? Release her." Laura spoke stuttering some of her words but trying to sound brave, she didn't want to let these people feel like they can intimidate her. "You and your mother have a good bit of value apparently and we could make a good profit of you both, now come with us and your mum won't get hurt and neither will you." The man replied calmly obviously trying to persuade Laura without causing another fight.

Laura then remembered she still had the branch from earlier tucked into her trouser around her back, she threw the piece of wood at the man who held her mother and hit him on the forehead with tremendous force making him fall back against the wall hitting the back of his head in the process, 'Wow that was great aiming,'

The green eyed man turned his gaze to check on his wounded companion and didn't see Laura dive on top of him, she punched and kneed his stomach and a place a man should never be hit, hoping she had delayed them for a few minutes she punched the man again for good measure making his head whack the wooden floor boards, he was out cold but that wouldn't last long.

"Mum come on quick while they're down, run." Laura spoke lowly not wanting to wake the man up. Laura ran to her mothers side and untied her and pulled the gag down and they both made a mad dash out the door running back into the forest. "What ar-are we gon-gonna do? We have no-nowhere else to go." Laura asked frantically while panting and trying to grasp sweet air into her exhausted lungs." I don't know sweetheart let's keep moving." They ran as fast as they could through the hillside forest racing against time, hope,  for their freedom from a pack of bounty hunters to the top of Dark Mountain. "C'mon hun just a little farthe-."

"For some reason I don't think you will be going much further without us." A figure stepped out from behind a tree and instantly both Laura and her mother knew they were going to be fighting and running a lot more.

Both Laura and her mum got into a fighting stance before two men charged at them but were quickly tossed away as if they were rubbish, another two men charged for Laura again but this time grabbed each of Laura's legs and held her upside down. Laura's mother was busy trying to fight off two other men and didn't realize her daughter had been in a difficult situation. She swung her fists at each of the men but was too weak to do any damage as she barely had eaten anything since being on the run.

Laura's attention was brought to her mother who had both guys pinned "Release her now! Or I rip their heads from their shoulders." Laura's mum demanded. Laura was trying to push all of her anger out and beat these guys but wasn't able to focus, she was too weak she could barely keep her consciousness. She felt herself giving into the constant fatigue feeling then the evil green eyed man spoke,

"Janine give up, you will never get away, we're too quick for you, I bet you haven't ate anything in weeks, your too weak, too weak to fight your way through all of us and keep running. Your daughter is already on her way out and you won't be long behind her at this rate. We have the upper hand and your daughter so surrender and you can be sold or you can die, your choice."

Janine looked over at her daughter determined to not let her tears destroy her before answering..