chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

Nicole gasped at the sight before her then hid herself behind the door. Todd a slave she remembered from the castle was punching a poor fragile girl on the floor. Nicole smelt that the girl had fresh and dry blood all over her body, with visible bruises and wounds fed by the former slave beating her.

Todd eventually stopped hitting the broken girl and threw her into a dark corner making her whimper with pain then left her cell. 'Good Lord! The Poor soul.' Nicole thought to herself. She wondered if this girl was Alex, she had never met Alex in her life but she heard a lot about her from her sister. She noticed that this girl had a scar across her left shoulder where Emma had described Alex's scar. Her thoughts were interrupted when someone grabbed her shoulder.

Taylor grasped Nicole's shoulder lightly showing her she didn't want to fight. 'What is wrong with this girl? Why doesn't she turn me in?' Nicole thought to herself, seen looked into Taylor's blue eyes and noticed worry within them, 'Maybe she regrets it.' She noticed that Taylor was carrying a tray of food. Nicole raised her eyebrows in confusion, 'Why would they be taking care of a girl they use as a punching bag ?' Nicole thought to herself, after a minute of thinking she realized that they were using her as bait to get Emma here.

Taylor sighed at Nicole and knew she would follow her, "Come on Alex is in here, but before you say or do anything I want you to know that I didn't want this to happen. I'll never be able to make up for what I've done but I want you to take her away from here, she won't survive another week, let me sort her out and I'll help you get her out of here." Taylor said looking down knowing she was the blame for Alex being in this hell hole. She opened the heavy wooden door then they both entered and Nicole closed the door behind them in case someone were to see her.

Taylor opened the cell where Alex was being held and sat her food down beside her. Taylor had been looking after Alex everyday now since Alex was no longer capable of doing it herself. Alex heard Taylor come in and moved over a bit closer for her food. She seen that there was another girl with Taylor but she didn't know who she was. "Here, open up its soup so it will be easier for you to get down." Taylor said while trying to spoon feed Alex. At first Alex hesitated opening her mouth because she was really sore but complied. "Good, how are you feeling today?" Taylor asked Alex smiling that her friend could finally have something to eat. "I'm feeling worse than yesterday, that bastard Steve came in again earlier and raped me." Alex weakly replied her voice just above a whisper, she started to sob not caring that a stranger was standing there listening to their conversation. She lost all hope and respect for herself so why should she care.

Nicole frowned feeling complete guilt for this girl crying in front of her, by the looks of it she never got a break. She just wanted to pull her into a hug and tell her that everything will be ok and that she will get her out of here. Nicole looked at Taylor for help but Taylor just pulled Alex into a hug hushing her and rocking her from side to side pushing loose strands of her hair back behind her ear. "Don't worry Alex we'll get you out of here real soon and I'll deal with Steve myself." Taylor tried to calm Alex down. She just cried into Taylor's shoulder not knowing what else to do. Nicole finally got a few bars of signal and sent a message to Emma and General Kyle.

Meanwhile, Emma had reached a huge, old thrown room. "It looks like it hasn't been used in decades, you four go check the back and the rest stay with me." Emma said looking around her for anything suspicious, she could smell an odd scent but didn't know what it could be. It smelt like a lot of A positive blood mixed with rotting flesh. 'Why would there be rotting bodies here if it hasn't been used in ages ?' Emma thought to herself suddenly very cautious. She felt her phone vibrate and read the message from Nicole. "I've found Alex, she's pretty beaten up Taylor is gunna help me get her out of here, don't attack her meet us by the oak tree out back in twenty mins, Nicole X"