chapter Eighteen

"Laura! Laura we've found you, come quickly we must go, the others won't be able to hold them off for much longer." Janine rushed out running to hug her daughter and helping her up. Alex was shocked, when she was hugging her mum she looked over her mums shoulder and smiled at her older sister Toni and pulled her into her hug as well and cried into her shoulder. After Emma took in the sight before her she began to stand up and walk slowly towards Alex, "Umm Alex, who are these people?" Emma asked cautiously then stopped when she heard loud growling from behind her. She turned to see a large black wolf with dark emerald eyes. 'How did they get in here?' Emma wondered, she had the castle guarded, she couldn't afford another attack especially so soon. Alex turned to see Emma backing up and bumping into a chair while barring her fangs in defense as her father was growling viciously and snapping at her every few seconds. "Dad stop!" Alex bellowed making the large black wolf turn its head to Alex, "She's my girlfriend." Alex continued as she walked over to Emma placing her hand on Emma's right shoulder still looking at her father's wolf. "Every-" Alex was cut short as piercing howls could be heard from the bottom of the staircase, "Come on Laura we have to go Jess is in trouble." Janine hurried while beckoning her daughter to the door.

Just as Janine placed her hand on the door knob, she stopped in her tracks and turned to face Emma then her daughter, "Laura, is this true?" Janine asked mortified looking at Emma with a look of disgust plastered on her face at what her husband just told her through their mind link, Alex looked at Emma curiously then her father then back to her mother, "Is what true?" She replied completely lost for answers, "My pack link stopped working whenever we were separ-", "Is it true that your mate is a royal blood sucker?!" Janine shouted trying to keep her temper under control, "You know what their kind do to us, do you not remember what they did to Glenn! Use your head, she has forced you to believe you are mates, she's using you, now come along I will not have anymore of this foolishness." Janine ranted then grabbed Laura by her upper left arm and dragged her over to Toni, "And you, you stay away from us or you'll be ruling in hell you demon-" Janine continued as she stomped back over to Emma then snarled in her face. "Watch it lady, you may be Alex's mum but I'm her mate, mistress and queen! And guess what... your in my kingdom now." Emma seethed losing her anger, 'demon' was the word that sparked her temper. Alex was stunned this was the first proper outbreak she had seen of her mistress, she hadn't reacted this bad ever! She heard her mothers bones begin to crack and knew she was letting her wolf take control, she knew she had to step in or hell would break loose. "No mother! She is nothing like that not every vampire is bad just like not all werewolves or humans are bad, look I know this isn't what you want to hear but I love Emma and you may deny that she is my mate but I won't because she is and it's nothing to do with you who my mate is." Alex fought back stepping forward closer to her mum. Janine was about to reply but heard quickly approaching footsteps and turned her head to the door and instantly felt more on edge than she already felt.

Nicole and Taylor burst through the doors and caught themselves from flying forwards from the speed they ran, they took in the scene in front of them and quickly ran to Emma's sides. "I had been waiting on you to come for me like you promised, I tried to keep my true self a secret as best I could. Please try and listen, call off the pack and listen to what Emma and I have to say. I have so much to tell you." Alex pleaded with her mum, she was annoyed that her parents wouldn't give her a chance to explain anything or listen to her. Janine glanced at her husband and asked his opinion, while she was waiting on her husband's decision she took in her daughters appearance then stopped once she seen her stomach and not a split second later Janine had transformed into a light brown wolf with grey streaks running through the bottom of her neck. She had made a quick leap for Emma's throat but was unexpectedly kicked in mid air out off the way by Alex in her white wolf. Alex fell to the ground again in front of Emma, shook her mane and stood up but to fall back down again on her left side whimpering in pain, she had a Deep slash across the bottom of her stomach and was bleeding heavily. Janine regained her composure and stalked towards Emma again from behind only to smell a heavy scent of blood, as she got closer her eyes dropped as did her jaw and she pushed past Emma and Nicole to get to her daughter.