Chapter Twenty

Six long days later...

The grandfather clock rang throughout the silent castle, the only sounds made were coming from the servants who were making themselves busy cleaning each of the rooms and helping their masters. The servants were running back and forth from the dining room to the kitchen receiving plates full to the brim with different foods and giving dirty dishes to David who offered to help Sam while Nicole and Taylor were babysitting Alexandra in the living room with soft rain forest sounds playing in the background as it always helps the baby sleep. Toni and was helping to settle her fellow pack members, overseeing how the shelters were and security with Andrew and Janine. Everyone was either working or keeping themselves busy, everyone except Alex and Emma.

For six days Alex refused to leave her room, barely eat and only talk when she felt it was necessary. She felt so alone even though Emma had been there comforting her for every moment she was awake or down hearted. Emma had barely left the room either, she ordered a servant to bring up their food and medication, the only time she would leave the room would be when she would have to deal with arguments among the slaves, make arrangments for meetings and gather paperwork together. She was of course very busy but nothing compared to her queen, her Alex. All she has done and wanted to do was comfort her soul mate, make sure she was safe. She dealt with the paperwork etc in the large bedroom so she could be with her broken- hearted she-wolf.

Emma and Alex were cuddled on their bed in the blankets together, Alex was laying her head on Emma's chest as her hand rested on Emma's toned stomach. Emma had her left arm slung softly around Alex's waist holding her girl into her closer. 'I should really try and get her to go for a walk or something,' Emma thought to herself about Alex, she knew that Alex staying in here wasn't really doing anything healthy for her. Especially since she has all that time to just dwell on the depressing event. Emma nudged Alex lightly to get her attention, "Alex, would you want to talk to your parents? It would give you something to do," Emma asked then gave a small smile then continued when Alex looked up at her. "It could be fun babe, I'm sure their confused about these last few months and how you have been." Alex sighed nodding her head lightly, "Alright." She croaked out, her voice hoarse from all of the crying she had done in the past few days. Emma nodded, "Right well let's get you ready. You should take a shower to freshen yourself up." Alex simply pushed herself off the bed into her feet clearly not in the mood, Emma noticed then continued jokingly, "Plus you smell." She chuckled causing Alex to turn her head slightly and giggle at her childishness. 'Finally, she's starting to perk up a little,' Emma thought happily.

-----------

After they both got ready Emma escorted Alex down to the gates of the castle where the pack had been residing. They preferred to stay in the forest than stay in a castle full of vampires they did not trust. Understandable though. The sky was a full grey colour with the clouds blocking the sun's rays. There was light little chirps coming from the tiny birds high up in the tress that were surrounded by Autumn coloured leaves scattered across the gravel path and freshly cut grass. To the left of the large stone wall that protects the castle grounds there was twenty large boulders and about fifteen smaller boulders with two large broken branches of two trees hanging over the huge rocks at the top making it look like a shelter. The boulders were from the wall collapsing during the attack a few days ago. All around it were the wolves some in wolf form, others in human form. "How's that shelter coming along?!" Andrew asked yelling from behind a few trees gathering branches with leaves still attached with three others from his pack.

Another who was standing by the "shelter" exclaimed back, "It's coming along nicely sir, Tim and John are fixing the boulders from the inside now with the branches." Andrew only nodded and made his way over to the shelter that was currently being made, then dropped the branches, leaves and grass he had been carrying. He went to check the inside of the shelter and walked back out happy with it's progress. He spotted Alex and Emma then waved them over, he was still wary of Emma since she was the queen of blood-suckers.