Chapter Ten

Chapter ten.

"What? Wait wait? Your Majesty, I would nev-" Taylor was cut short by Emma speaking, "I heard you whisper to my mate 'babe', do not make me think I am hearing things. I heard what you called my mate and I will not have anyone calling my mate it again, understood ?" Emma said in a very strict tone jealously lacing her voice. Her eyes were full of rage.

"We are dating, you may be queen but that doesn't mean you can go about my personal business! You can't do wha-" Taylor was silenced by Emma slapping her across her face. Taylor held her throbbing cheek while glaring daggers at her queen.

"She is my business. She is my slave, my mate! You may not like it but your in my kingdom so learn your place and stop trying to be brave in front of your 'girlfriend'. Understand this Taylor I am queen, I can do anything I want so either you listen or you end up with a worse fate than Amelia." The queen spit out disgusted at the slave that stood before her.

"Yes I understand, I won't disobey you again." Taylor replied smirking with a hint of sarcasm in her voice, she bowed and put her head down and left the room knowing she would be thrown out soon. Alex looked back and forth between Taylor and Emma and saw flashes of rage in her mistresses dark eyes.

"Mistress, are you alright?" Alex asked meekly catching Emma's attention back from the doorway, Emma gazed at her love and Alex instantly felt comfortable but at the same time uneasy because of what just happened between her girlfriend and her mate.

"Yes I'm fine, I just get a bit worked up sometimes, I think we need to talk as I still have to explain a few things to you. Sam could you tell David to come in and give her an injection so she can go please." Emma explained and smiled at her friend, Sam disappeared out the doorway to find David talking with another patient.

Alex was now fully sitting up and looking right back into her mistresses eyes, she grinned, 'I can't do this'. Alex thought to herself, she didn't want to hurt either of them. Emma rubbed her forehead trying to calm herself down and took a shaky breath.

"I will explain everything later when your out of here." Emma said calmly, she was still trying to get over somebody calling her mate 'babe'. Vampires are very protective of their belongings and Emma was pissed because Taylor practically tried to take her mate, half of her own heart. Alex looked at Emma curiously wondering what she was talking about being her mate, 'I don't remember mating with her, I'm pretty sure I would remember.' Alex thought to her wolf, 'Neither do I but we'll soon find out what happened,' her wolf replied.

Alex simply nodded her head then yawned, Sam returned with David, "Have you had anything to eat before your last injection?" David asked politely. Alex shook her head for a no, "When you get into your room have something to eat it will boost your energy more. With your results you should be walking in a few days if not sooner." David explained while injecting the final needle for that night.

Emma held onto Alex's arms easing her out of the bed so she doesn't hurt herself. Alex and her mistress giggled at each other for no reason, they were both just relieved to get out of the hospital wing. Emma smiled at her mate as she put Alex's arm over her shoulder and her own arm around her mid waist to help her walk without hurting her back.

They both stepped forward but Alex yelped a little at the pain, she scrunched up her face to endure the pain and continued hissing at the pain. Emma paddled out of the wing and waved Todd inside. "Todd can you bring Alex up to her room she cannot walk and she requires you to carry her." Emma informed. Sam brought the soup and Emma walked along side Alex in case she fell over.

They made it to the main hall and Alex was getting used to the pain even though she wasn't walking it was still sore. Sam gave the soup to Emma and departed into the kitchen, Todd climbed the stairs with Alex in his arms bridal style, Todd was very muscular. About half-way up the steps he stared down at Alex grinning, his little goatee making him a bit more handsome. Emma noticed Todd secretly flirting with her girl and so hissed at him causing him to look at her confused.