chapter five

Five days later...

Laura was getting beyond bored and fed up with being stuck in her room all day and night, after three days she was able to walk about her room without any trouble, her Mistress had visited her twice a day to keep her company and if she didn't have a meeting she would stay all day and they would talk about random things, Emma would show "Alex" what she would want her to be able to help her with when she's better. Laura could see that Emma would stress when council meeting were being called, she would be busy rushing around looking for papers or muttering to herself, she would sometimes forget to eat. Laura had to remind her to eat and try to help her keep track of each report and file the papers together when she could come visit her.

"How are you today Alex? I can't stay long today as I've a meeting to attend to, the council is getting worked up over threats that were made in the past." Emma said to Laura knowing she was bored, "Reminder- bring a jigsaw puzzle for Alex later." Emma joked as if she was making a note to herself, though it got Alex to smile.

"I'm alright, I'm actually able to walk properly on my own wanna see?" Laura replied walking in a straight line hoping her Mistress would let her walk about the castle since she hasn't been anywhere yet. "I've been practicing. I can do the errands or help you out with your job now. I know your stressed today I wanna help."

"Ok, well I'm not exactly a qualified doctor but since you can walk on your own already let's go to David and check if its really safe enough for you to walk about on." Emma stated and walked out the door. Laura walked to the door happy that she would get to talk to the friendly doctor again and get a chance to look around the castle a bit more at the same time. She wondered if the doctor was a vampire too, he wasn't as young looking as everyone else but he wasn't a doctor to have grey hair.

They walked down the hallways quietly, Laura walked two steps behind her Mistress to show her and others around the castle that Laura respected her mistress, not to mention she also wanted to stay on her good side. She didn't want to be stuck in her room for another day. 

They finally arrived at the doctors, Emma took her place on the sofa beside the wall waiting for Laura. Laura sat on the chair beside David's desk hoping she would get a good result. She really wanted to get out of her room for a bit. While Laura waited for David to give her the results, she started fidgeting as she was nervous because the results were taking so long. "Well it seems like you've made a full recovery in just under a week young lady, when did you break your ankle?" David asked stunned at the results. Laura quickly glanced at her shocked Mistress unsure of how to get out of this one.

"Um sometime a few weeks ago sir, I can't remember the day." Laura replied to the doctor. "I can't understand how you have completely recovered in such a small amount of time." David said to Laura confused about the situation.

"Same here I don't understand it either, I just kept trying to walk on it and I gradually got better sir." Laura lied she knew how it healed so fast but didn't want to tell the doctor as her Mistress was sitting by the wall with great hearing. She promised her mom she would keep it a secret though.

"Alright then, I guess your good to go, by the way what is you name? I'd like to be able to call you by a name. And also jot it down for my records." David asked Laura, Laura knew she would have to tell people her name would be Alex so she decided to just go by Alex from now on.

"My names Alex sir." Laura replied, she honestly liked the name she just didn't like that she had to go by a new name. It felt like she was being given a new identity.

"That's a nice name Alex, ok see you around. Take care and if there's any other problems come back anytime." David ruffled Laura's hair and walked her back to Emma still amazed at how well she could walk. "In case she has any pain inflammation give her two of these if she's sore. It's a concentrated tablet form of Eternal Forgiveness and Oak sap." The doctor says handing the vampire mistress a tiny bottle of pain killers. "I dunno how she did It but she did it." She shook her head also confused, took the pain killers and they both said their goodbyes to the doctor. Emma and Laura walked out of the doctors room, Laura was about to walk up stairs when Emma touched her hand to stop her.